BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Brutal Attack - Reward Poster 2
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2004-07-01 to 2004-12-31: Brutal Attack - Reward Poster 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Burnham (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 5:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This new poster hits the streets today.
Reward Poster 2
In English, it says

• Mothers, Are These Men Your Sons?
  • Attacker #1: Medium Tall, about 1 meter 78; about 86 kilos, Very muscular upper body; Skin color black
  • Attacker #2: Short, about 1 meter 65; About 68 kilos, thin build; Skin color light brown
  • Attacker #3: Tall, about 1 meter 96; About 82 kilos, Thin athletic build; Skin color dark brown
  • Naf 5,000.00 Reward for arrest and conviction
  • Call the island prosecutor 717-8626 717-7430
We need more volunteers to get these out. I will take the master to the printer around 8:00am and expect to have them printed by 11am.
Phone me at 717-4314 or email me if you are able to help. I will set up a meeting place in town early this afternoon to distribute the posters to any volunteers.

Also, Barbara and Albert are interested in hearing your thoughts, suggestions, clues, etc directly at "Albert & Barbara Bianculli" <directab@bonairenet.com>.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #5225) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roger,

I note the Reward Fund has not increased in amount from the original NAF 5000 on the first poster? Have not more donations been received to achieve that purpose?

I also translate the above height/weights as follows (for those of us who are metric challenged when it comes to body sizes):

- #1: 5' 10", 189 lbs.
- #2: 5' 5", 150 lbs.
- #3: 6' 5", 180 lbs.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Burnham (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

I am not a trustee of the fund, but I do know that at least another $275 has come in (thanks!), but there may be more.

To be honest, I assembled the poster at others direction, but we all forgot about the increased amount available.

I will notify the trustees and report back on the plan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4248) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, Roger and Jake. Someone 6'5" tall on Bonaire should not be that difficult to find, hopefully. I do understand the plea to "mothers", too...that might be the way to go. I do hope there is progress in locating and convicting these brutes. I also hope Albert and Barbara are recovering from this nightmare. We would like them to know we support them and join them in the hunt for these vicious animals. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Lott) Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1943) on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roger, I would like to thank you for all you are doing to help Albert and Barbara, and for keeping us all informed of what is going on.

Good luck and keep it up !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason thomas (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whats up with the ninjas in white suits?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Theilgard (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roger:
Joan & I would like to contribute to the fund. Where do you suggest we send our check?
Please give Barbara and Albert our best and tell them they are in our prayers.
larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew hamilton (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Crikey, were all 3 of them carrying guns then? A very unwelcome development if so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Klun Bun (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mothers, do you recognize your son ????
What I recognize is a very childish drawing. Possibly drawn by a local police investigator and it must have taken him hours to come up with such a detailed portrait ! He didn't mind. It kept him off the streets a while longer.
I doubt if this is going to help.....but who knows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason thomas (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 5:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Its an interesting drawing. But, at least we know this:

One of the men is very muscular and all three men dislike shoelaces.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration