BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Grocery Stores and Waterfront Market
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2004-07-01 to 2004-12-31: Grocery Stores and Waterfront Market
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Young (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be returning to Bonaire this year; my husband's third trip and my fifth! We will be doing more cooking this year and less eating out. Can anyone tell me what days and times there is fruit and produce available at the waterfront market? Also, which grocery stores are best for which type groceries? We've only been to Cultimara in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If I recall, Cultimara tends to restock fresh milk on Thursdays. I suspect this is true of their produce as well (all probably via Miami).

Other options: Bonaire Warehouse often has a nice selection of fruits/veggies -- I think these tend to get restocked from Holland via KLM. The fruit stand by the waterfront seemed to have stuff brought over via boat from Vz. on most days. These were the best options I found for fruits and veggies.

There are tons of other places -- Flamingo (sort of behind the NAPA store), a newer one on the road heading east from the traffic circle, another one past the Friar's Inn, Jokes, Exito, etc. Each is a bit different...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Young (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information. We want to be prepared to do our shopping quickly. Don't want to waste any diving time doing grocery shopping! Food definitely comes second to being underwater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By patricia walters (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fresh vegetables are flown in from Equador on Thursdays and are at the Payless grocery by 3:30 or 4- It's out past the Friar Inn. The dock downtown gets fresh fruits from Venezuela on Tuesdays and Fridays. You can sometimes get fresh fish after 5pm up near Richard's Restaurant. Look for the chalk board with the catch of the day on the side of the house- last time I was down the house was painted a lime green color

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #181) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

bonairewarehouse is a bit further away (bit in the directions of the airport) and across the street from there there is....can get the name, but they both are larger than Cultimara.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1931) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 9:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The name you are looking for is Cash n Carry on the street sign anyway. It was called Consales for many years.

The store Patricia is referring to is called More for Less and it is a pink building. This one is open Sunday mornings but not on Saturday. They have regular hours Mon-fri.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration