BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Well deserved award for Jack Chalk
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2001-03-08 to 2002-10-17: Well deserved award for Jack Chalk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Hirsh on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The following is an except from the front page of this week's issue of The Bonaire Reporter:

"It is fitting that the first Ruth D. Turner Award go to Jack Chalk, a talented, capable and dedicated leader in the marine and diving communities. The Award was presented by Dr. George Buckley of the Ruth D. Turner Foundation for Jack's leadership in marine park management, coral reef preservation and diver education."

Way to go Jack !!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 6:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations, Jack !!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good work Jack! It's nice to be recognized - did you get something to hang in your office? You'll have to scan it, and show it to the newsgroup. Or, better yet, take it to the street cam and hold it up for all of us to admire:-) Congrats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 7:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

First Cousteau and now this award. Pretty soon, we'll have to show more respect. But good for you anyway,Jack. Congrats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Hirsh on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wait a durn minute here... Show Jack more respect!?!?!?!?!!? Let us not get carried away here (ehehehehe)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 11:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad you're back, Kels. Missed your deft way with words. You don't know what Cynde's talking about in 'night moves'? Allow me a somewhat inelegant, In a pig's eye, sport! Ve haff vays of making you talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Hirsh on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 11:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Kerri, you may want to ask Charlotte, she was there too ya know (grin) but I am fairly sure she will never talk. As you noticed Jake and Linda remained fairly quiet on the whole incident, amazing what a couple pounds of crawfish tails will do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 1:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did notice if he was not a trickee, he had to be a trick-er, or at the least, a facilitator. And darn close to my price for silence, you are. Did you do the boil? With hot sauce and cold beer? Ah,man, you are killin' me. If you brought King Kake somehow, or pralines, don't tell me. I hate to see a grown woman cry. Now take some Sudafed and go to bed. Your sad missive of earlier hours near broke my heart. Although that was before the tail tale...never come between a Cajun and her crawfish!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Hirsh on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 8:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerri I did not do the boil, I brought a bottle of roux, Linda had fancier plans for dem mudbugs. Ahh Sudafed (snuffle, sniff).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 8:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks folks, not sure if deserved or not but humbly accepted. Was quite a surprise. Dr. Turner passed away last year and I was fortunate enough to be able to call her a friend, which made the award even more meaningful to me. I accepted the award on behalf of everyone who cares about our oceans and reefs and especially here on Bonaire where there are so many people deserving of this award. Hazel I'll try to take a picture of the award and post it later today.

Sorry didn't see the post until this morning, got tied up in meetings most of the day yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 8:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations, Jack. Keep up the good work, it is very important that our grandchildren enjoy the reefs as much as we do.

Welcome back Kelly, hope your feeling better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack,

I am sure Ruth approves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 10:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, about your statement about having the reefs around for our grandchildren,I've been saying that for awhile, funny how there are so many like-minded people on this site :))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 8:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack,

Congrats from Linda and myself as well. We knew Ruth Turner for a few of years before she passed away as well (as a fellow Sea Rover), and would concur wholeheartedly with Glen.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BTW, Welcome home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks! It's good to be back!

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration