BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: New heir to the throne
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-06-30: New heir to the throne
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1089) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

For those of you interested in our Royal Family:
The press office of the Queen had confirmed that Princess Maxima, wife of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, is two months pregnant. They expect their first child in January. The baby will be second in line to the throne, after his father.
It's the second grand child for Queen Beatrix (and her late husband Claus).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #680) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 7:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for sharing Marc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #714) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Marc. We saw them swim by when they were staying at Bellafonte last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #248) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 7:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marc,
Do you happen to know where in southern France the House of Orange originated (I know the region was called Orange, but wondering where)?

Thanks,

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1100) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 4:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott, if you go to http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl, you'll find a complete family tree of our Royal family somewhere.
This means I don't know either :-). I'm not aware of any ties with France, other than the occupation by Napoleon. There are links to England and Germany though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1102) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

More specifically, here:
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/monarchy/monarchy.html

Seems you were right on the french ties... Guess I had blocked those from my memory ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #249) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 10:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Marc,
I've been reading The Oxford History of Early Modern Europe..volume The Dutch Republic 1477 to 1806. One chapter discusses William (the silent) Of Orange and his role in defeating the Spanish rule in The Netherlands, but it really doesn't say much about the territory Orange, except that it is in southern France.

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1875) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 5:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank-you for sharing the website Marc!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1105) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I really, really need to read up on my national history knowledge, it seems... [g]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #129) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 8:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott
After an hour or so of hunting around I arrived at this page. http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/O/OrangeF1r.asp
Then I sort of ran out of gas. It gets pretty close but I,m sure more can be found.
I also found that Orange is in Provence.
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #250) on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 9:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Mickey,
Looks like Orange would be a nice place to visit! By the way...just read that Provence got it's name from the Romans when they established an early northern defensive area to protect themselves from the Gauls...they named it Province.

Scott

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration