BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Duty Free Liquor
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-06-30: Duty Free Liquor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I will be going to Bonaire for the first time in September and was wondering how the island was for Duty free Liquor. In St. Maartin the prices were absolutely amazing. Of course I'm not there to buy booze but I figured I would ask. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are no duty-free booze bargins here. If you're going thru Montego Bay, you might find some there. I've never really seen bargins like SXM anywhere else ($3 for a bottle of Absolute, etc), but there are some unusual finds, like 15yr old Johnnie Walker Green Label.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #237) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As Ruth mentions, if you are passing thru Jamaica, buy as much Myers rum as you can carry...about half the price in the US...you won't have any trouble getting rid of it in Bonaire...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the responses, I'll be going through PR so I guess I won't be getting any bargains this trip. It was a mazing howmuch I saved in SXM. Really unbelievable....almost worth going there just for that. I brought home 10 bottles. Of course, I'm going for the fishes, not the booze.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #286) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 6:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK Paul...we believe you ! your not going for the fishes you are going for the booze....smile..have you tried the Ponce Cuba ? that over ice w/ milk is ummmm good..sure warms you up after the last dive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 6:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmmm....not the reputation I wanted to establish for myself so early in my bonaire board experience. I swear Debbie, it's the diving I'm going for!!! Of course if the booze prices were good.... I haven't tried Ponce Cuba, but i'l look for it when I get there. Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #169) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 7:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paul ... you can pick up your "starter" booze for the trip while in Puerto Rico. The duty free prices aren't great but at least you will have something for the first night you arrive! If you have a long layover in SJU and are leaving the airport you might want to go to a local liquor store -- we have had good luck with that. Otherwise there are some duty free shops in SJU.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration