BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Diving boots
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Diving boots
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By therese henderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 6:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am coming next month and hear you need a good thick sole. However I have also talked to people the just use a medium sole on a 7MM boot and that works fine. I need cold water diving boots anyway so that would be my preference. Bare are the ones I have been looking at. I hear the Henderson aren't very durable. Any advice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5133) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have had Hendersons, and they were great too. I do have Bare now, but only because they were big time on sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #516) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Therese -- welcome to BT. If you read the earlier threads, you will find that everyone has their opinion on boots. For Bonaire, we use Deep See Caribbean boots (low cut, thick sole) http://www.diveprodivegear.com/m8/55521--deep-see-3mm-caribbean-low-cut-boots.html

For diving in NE Ohio, where we need something warmer, the thicker, high top version is the Deep See Manta boots http://www.diveprodivegear.com/m8/55502--deep-see-5mm-mens-manta-boots.html

Have a great time diving Bonaire !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2361) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make sure you take your fin with you when going to buy new boots. Fit is everything!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1120) on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

theresa I am moving this to diving it will get more hits there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In January I bought some great boots at the Carib Inn Dive shop. Took my fin and tried them on there. They have a thick sole and were very reasonably priced. What a difference it made walking on the rocky coral with these nice boots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

SeaSoft Sunrays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #132) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We bought the henderson lowcut thick soles, almost like a deck shoe.....for our third trip and they were the best for Bonaire....easy on off too
Cory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By therese henderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 9:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks for the input. I am still looking around as I am not leaving until April 15 and want to get the fit right. Should be amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #133) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

these are the ticket...we have atomic split fins, a perfect match!
http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-112/001008/Neosport-by-Henderson-3mm-Low-Top-Tropic-Boot.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By therese henderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

so I ended up with some Seasoft sunrays. I think they will do the trick! Getting excited only 26 more sleeps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 11:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great choice! You will really love them...

The thick rubber sole has saved me more than once from Bonaire's thorns, especially on the northern dive sites. They are sturdy, but very comfortable.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration