BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Dolphin's at Yellow Hut
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Dolphin's at Yellow Hut
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #201) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diving the edge of the reef at Yellow Hut on Sunday at about 45-50 feet. As I was looking at the reef something caught my attention to my right...at first I thought it was a tarpon, but then as it came closer I realized it was a small pod of dolphins. Five of them swam right by me, one even did a belly flip as it swam by...I almost spit my regulator out of my month I was so excited. It was my first time seeing wild dolphins underwater. I did manage to capture some of it on video. Not the best..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ugRo9rdmY

(Message edited by modfreddie on February 23, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #921) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I don't know about that Beth. Pretty good I would say. You must have be swimming hard to keep them that close.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #202) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mick,

I was kicking like crazy, but no way I could ever keep up with them, even with the current. They swam pretty close to me and thank goodness I happened to look to my right or I would have missed the whole thing. I will never forget it. I do not know how I managed to remember to turn on my camera.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8707) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice Beth, way cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By matthew (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #164) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

stunning what a great experience. one more thing off the bucket list beth. thanks for the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for sharing :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rog & Karen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #702) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 12:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice! Love looking at everyone's underwater encounters...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1994) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 2:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

u are so lucky. niceeeeeee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1602) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Even with the current." LOL

Nice vid.

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG! Awesome, I absolutely would have spit my regulator out! I can only hope I see such a wonderful thing in my lifetime!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17279) on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 1:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very very cool! :) you did a great job filming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5484) on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 2:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

NICE!!! Talk about a memory to take home!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frederique Schreurs (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for sharing!! This is great!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration