BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Backplate
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Backplate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 8:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, does anyone know where i can find an aluminum backplate on island? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1209) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 9:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Walt Stark at Rek Tek is a Dive Rite dealer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #499) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 3:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, I would try Walt: http://www.rectekscuba.com/index.html
He is located at Capt. Don's.

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you guys. Emailed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Received the answer yesterday. The AL Plate cost $123!
Thank you again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #500) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 10:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to help. I do not know another person on the planet with more tech experience then Walt, and he is a hell-of-a-nice-guy to boot. I highly recommend his solo dive course as well.

And for the BT bed bugs, no I do not get a commission.
Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patrick, do you know how long is this solo dive course? I got interested!

**Edit** I got the info in his website.

Is it worthy?

(Message edited by guilosch on February 4, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Modtimmmy (Moderator - Post #42) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 2:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bed bugs ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Guillherme - I think the solo diver course is very helpful to provide a framework for understanding safety if you plan to dive alone. I know there are some folks who say "well I only dive shallow when I dive alone, so I don't need a class" but the class, at the very least, explains the possibilities to you so you can prepare to within your level of comfort and risk.

My husband took the course in Bonaire last year (but not with Walt). It was a one day course, involving both theory and diving.

It made me much more confident in his solo diving endeavors, because I know he at least knows the risk/rewards of diving alone and knows how to maximize his safety.

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

where did he took the course? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #482) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Guillherme - I sent you a PM with the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration