BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Asking about shore dives
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Asking about shore dives
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gabriela arias (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we are a group of 12 people. All divers.It'll be our first time in Bonaire,about next April or May and want to know this things:
where are the most interesting places for shore dives ????. we are going to stay 5 days in Bonaire and there are 60 places for shore dive.
where are the most easily access for shore dives, because some of the places are very hilly.
is possible to see seahorse and dolphins and shipwreck?
which is the average depth ?
thanks
Gabriela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jordi benitez castells (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gabriela

All the shore dives are easies, and beautiful!!! My favorites Dives, are, Karpata, Angel City, Tolo, Hilma Hooker...

Dolphins we have seen, from the house we stay, seafront. Seahorses, we have seen in windsock. For the wreck... Hilma Hooker.
Normally, depth is between -6/-35 mtrs. So Nx32 it's good gas.

Regards, and enjoy the island!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gabriela arias (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks Jordi !!!!!

I take note about the places's names.
thanks again!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1221) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 9:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would highly recommend this book.
It gives excellent advice on shore entries and exits for all the dive sites you will visit.
It is written by a long time local and the latest version is up to date.
It is also available at most any dive operation on Bonaire.

http://www.infobonaire.com/bsdme/order.html

Also, here is another link that gives a visual of some, but not all, of the dive sites. The book mentioned above has much more info.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/BonaireN/

Lastly, if you don't mind a hilly drive a little north of Karpata, try the site "Candy Land"
It's easily done with any rental pickup.
Have a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is so many incredible dives on bonaire I go several times a year a few of my fav's are the hilma,the lake(right next door don't miss the second reef),oil slick leep,karpata,buddy house reef and plaza house reef especially at night besides any time diving better than working...

enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian ******** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4874) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 6:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you want to see a seahorse then ask a DM to show you. In 100's of dives in bonaire I have found only a couple without directions. With a boat dive the DM has shown us hundreds over our trips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gabriela arias (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's nice !!!!.
thanks Grunt for the info !!!!!. Interesting links.
You are right Dennis, diving is much better than work.
Thanks Brian.My specially desire is to see a seahorse just in front of my eyes.
Any info for night divings ????.
Gabriela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #426) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For night dives, do Bari Reef (house reef of Sand Dollar, Buddy's, Captain Don's). One of the best night dives on the island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1223) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 9:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

KOB is right on.
Any of those house reefs will have a super easy entry/exit and underwater markers that will get you back to the exit ladder.
Look for the big 5'+ tarpon hunting in the beam of your dive light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #747) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 11:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gabriela
Welcome to Bonaire Talk.
5 days will not be enough time, shoot for a week. This place is addictive, you'll have to go home so you can rest. I'd think 15 to 20 dives for four days would max you out---but just know, You'll be back--lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Driscoll (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you're looking for easy entry and exit, "Oil Slick Leap" has a platform and ladder like most of the resorts. Nice dive too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration