BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Diving Bonaire: Dive training and guided shore dives check out VIP Diving
Bonaire Talk: Diving Bonaire: Dive training and guided shore dives check out VIP Diving
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kathleen mulligan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

For excellent guided shore diving and PADI dive courses check out VIP diving. My family and I recently spent ten days on bonaire and had our 3 children certified to dive. Bas at VIP diving is the best. He arranged the course for my children ages 11,13 and 17 and it went very smoothly. They had individualized instruction and excellent equipment. It was truly VIP training. The kids were very comfortable, were taught thoroughly and loved it. The guided shore dives were also excellent. VIP is very familiar with the unmarked dive sites as well as experienced with the more difficult dives which shouldn't be attempted without experience in the local conditions. Bas is very responsive and truly runs a VIP operation not only did he help us with all of our diving needs, He also gave us all the tips we needed including showing us which house to go to to buy the freshest fish..... He is truly a wonderful engaging guy and runs a truly specialized dive operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #422) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second your recommendation. In addition to the two Bas's, Willem was a pleasure to dive with last September. Helped us find sea horses at The Lake and frog fish at Something Special. Those were both 90 minute dives (OK, one was 89 minutes on my computer). Never felt rushed and Willem was patient while my wife & brother filled up their cameras with pics from every angle.

Also did the UV Night Dive with Willem and it was a real experience. Willem is an excellent guide and I would recommend VIP Diving highly.

(Message edited by kob159014 on January 30, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4259) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 8:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did you ask the Bas's about their daughters..both are relatively new fathers and are more than willing to share pics!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lori Mulhisen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #102) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have to add another recommendation about Bas Noij of VIP diving. My husband and I did a UV night dive with Bas Noij earlier this month and he and the dive were excellent. Bas gave us a very thorough briefing and we had a very awesome, cool dive! It was just the two of us for the dive along with Bas, so we definitely felt like VIP's!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration