BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Ferry to / from Bonaire and Curacao running properly?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Ferry to / from Bonaire and Curacao running properly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ed or michele on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 8:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Arriving AJ this Wed to Bonaire and will go to Curacao for 6 nights, then back to Bonaire again. Is the ferry running? If so, does anyone know the times and costs? And, where the terminal in Curacao is?

Thanks!
Ed and Michele, Wildwood Crest, NJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was just wondering the same thing myself as I was viewing a slide show of our pics from last May...the hydrofoil was docked by the produce market area (across from the cannons) when we were there. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chogogo has not been running.

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think I saw something in the Bonaire Reporter that it would be starting up again in December, that it has been waiting for an engine part or something. Of course, this could be like the Aruba airline thing, too - delayed for this reason, then another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kitty @ CrystalVisions on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For the ones who are interested:

As of yesterday, December 9th, 2002, the Chogogo Fast Ferry has started its Bonaire-Curacao-Bonaire trips again.

The ferry departs from Bonaire at 06:00AM and returns around 05:30PM. The journey takes between 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours..

Source: Èxtra (newspaper)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration