BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica --- flight times
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Air Jamaica --- flight times
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 11:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What time does the flight FROM Bonaire to MoBay leave, and arrive on Saturday? I'm trying to figure out if we can get back from Bonaire to Rochester, NY in one day if we use Air Jamaica. Going there may be possible, if we can get to a gateway city in time.

Can anyone tell me the departure time on Air Jamaica from, O'Hare, Newark, Baltimore, so I can figure out if I can get a flight to one of the departure airports in time.

I must say I'm having a lot of trouble getting a travel agent in the US who can spend the time finding us a convenient/affordable fare, as Rochester is NOT the easiest place to get anywhere from, and certainly not the cheapest (Buffalo is 65 miles away, and MANY fares from Buffalo are $300 less than from Rochester --- even using the same airlines, on the same day!)

I'd appreciate any insight and info.
Thanks, Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 7:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamica guarantees its connecting flights from Bonaire via Montego Bay to its gateways. They are going to make a change in the very near future on the chicago flight. It is supposed to be direct with the stop at MB, no equipment change. This may make a difference in times so it would be a safe bet that you should give them a call. Please post your findings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - Bonaire E-News on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 8:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

I suspect you're trying to find out if you can get from Rochester to one of the other AJ gateway cities without having to overnight?

Well, leaving from (Flight #, Dep., Arr. in Bonaire):

Chicago: JM050 6:35am 2:35pm
Baltimore: JM040 8:15am 2:35pm
Newark: JM018 7:40am 2:35pm
JFK: JM010 8:10am 2:35pm
Philly: JM044 8:30am 2:35pm

Also, the Bonaire - Montego Bay flight is:

JM066 Dep Bonaire: 3:20pm Arrive MBJ: 4:05pm

As Michael indicated, AJ will hold flights in Montego Bay to make sure you make your connection, however the same doesn't apply to U.S. domestic airlines you might be connection to/from AJ with.

Jake

PS All the above was gleaned from the Air Jamaica Web site flights page, at http://www.airjamaica.com/bin/flights.pl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Logan on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just saw in Travel Weekly, a travel trade mag, that Air Jamaica is adding a second Bonaire flight in April. It will be operated by their Express unit with a Dash-8, a la ALM. Don't know the day or times of operation yet. Film at 11.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 2:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jim, dont know if I would want to fly a dash that far!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Logan on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael: ALM used to, and may yet, operate a Dash-8 on the Curacao-St. Maarten-San Juan-Curacao routing. I don't think Montego-Bonaire would be much further than San Juan-Curacao.

I just spoke with Air Jamaica rez and the sales office - nothing final yet on day and times. That's typical in the airline biz. Stuff gets announced in the press and the rez and sales people don't know anything about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 8:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I thought it was supposed to be a Wed flight. None of the memebers of the Bonaire hotel sector were aware of the flight, however it was announced that it was a possibility. That is still a 1.5 or 2 hour flight, isn't it? ALM still operates the dash flights to St.Martin as well as San Juan on those routes for most flights. I always opt for the MD 80...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Logan on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael: Prop phobic are we? Tsk. No sense of adventure!

I'm hoping for a Wednesday flight - that would make 10 day trips possible - a week isn't enough and sometimes 2 weeks aren't an option. Wouldn't a daily service be decadent?

Does anyone in the hotel/airline sector there know how the loads have been on the Saturday flight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim and Micheal
Info on Bombardier`s website http://www.aerospace.bombardier.com/htmen/5_2.htm indicates the flight to Bonaire is well within the capabilities of the Dash 8 ,so Jim`s story is probably right.Any improvement in access to Bonaire is welcome.
I`ll see you Jan.22
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Rice on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will visit Bonaire in March, and when initially planning the trip was interested in the Air Jamaica flight from O'Hare via Montego Bay. Found it on Travelocity. However, when I actually went to book it, it was impossible to find, and at Carradonna Travel they seemed unaware of it having ever existed! We ended making alternate arrangements which were more convenient date-wise anyhow, but wonder if anyone knows anything about this flight, as I'd still like to use it for future trips. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan & Joan Zale on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica direct reservation number is 800-523-5585

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,
We live near Boston and since Air Jaimaca added the Boston/Bonaire flight, we were able to use Air Jaimaca without overnighting. I have friends in Rochester however, and they found no way to use them without overnighting. I believe they are going through Chicago. We were going through Baltimore.
You can take a look at: http://www.airjamaica.com/bin/flights.pl
for Air Jamaica flight times at various gateway cities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Clay, that lucky Josie is on Bonaire this very minute! So whatever she arranged to do on the way home is handled by now, we assume. :-)

For West Coast travel, we have to overnight on the way back too. And I dare say, the news of a Delta pilot strike is making me very nervous, as that's how we plan to connect with Air Jamaica. And my whole goal was to boycott United and ALM for what they did to us last year! Wouldn't you know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 10:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nikki, It looks like Delta is going to strike for sure according to what I read this morning. Hope you can find some way around them. Maybe when you get ready to go the strike will be over.
I missed seeing when Josie was leaving. Also missed that someone else had posted the Air Jaimca web site. Just not my day I guess.
Clay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Clay, yeah, I'm going to try to believe the whole Delta matter will be resolved by the time we go. It's still months away. Alternatives are not plentiful.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration