BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica carry on bags
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Air Jamaica carry on bags
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Would someone who has flown Air Jamaica please tell me what is allowed for carry on bags. We have always flown ALM in the past. Our 18" of new snow last night has me thinking of the tropical sunsets and wishing March would hurry up and get here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When I fly AJ (frequently), I usually have a good size (LL Bean) backpack and a rollaway flight bag of maximum carry-on size - so two carry-ons. Just board early to make sure you can fit everything near you.

I also usually check in one or two bags in addition.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What does AJ consider 'maximum carry-on
size'? Do they require a bag to fit in a template
as Delta did, at least for a time? Then it
seemed that the Delta template excluded
bags that passed aboard elsewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ's maximum carry-on appears to be U.S. industry standard - just go to a luggage store or department in a store and check the roller cases - they usually state whether they meet FAA carry-on size regulations.

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration