BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Divi Divi Air
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Divi Divi Air
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 6:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, I'm not one to rant about stuff too much (or at least let me live with that delusion), but after flying Divi Divi Air for the first time this morning from Bonaire (at 7:15am) to Curacao (Yana needed a teeth/mouth/jaw X-ray to be used for planning for braces), and back in the early afternoon, I must say I am absolutely delighted with Divi Divi. I had heard good things, but compared to the hassle of flying scheduled air, taking a semi-scheduled charter such as Divi Divi is a real treat.

I had called them yesterday to try and arrange flights, and was told that the morning was pretty free, but returning in the afternoon would be tough - they could only guarantee the 12:30pm return from Curacao. Figuring we'd have to wait at the radiology dept. at the hospital for a while, I opted for the first departure to Curacao at 7:15am.

We arrived at the Bonaire Flamingo Airport half an hour before the flight, literally signed in (had to put our names down on the flight manifest, along with our birthdates), had a bite to eat and then were asked to board the plane - no immigration hassles to go through, just simple security, walking out to the 9 passenger plane Divi flies, putting our bigger bag (to be filled with shopping stuff in Curacao) in the back, picked a pair of seats, sat down, shut the door, and in less than three minutes we were off. Because of the size of the plane, it didn't even need to taxi - just revved up, took the corner and took off.

Flight was less than 20 minutes, a bit loud, but at 1850 feet of altitude we had a great view to boot!

Landing was smooth, as was deplaning. Got to the Curacao terminal to find a woman looking at me. She then spoke: "Mr. Richter? We had some cancellations for the 2pm flight. Would you like to switch to that?" I was flustered. First, she knew my name (okay - Yana and I were the only non-Antilleans on the flight, and therefore also had the only non-native last names, plus, Yana was the only child). Second, an employee of an airline had actually remembered my earlier request to travel back to Bonaire a bit later, and had gone out of her way to check to see if I still wanted to do so once the opportunity arose. I'm still in shock. That's customer service.

Anyhow, the flight back from Curacao to Bonaire was equally smooth and simple. US$90 for me, and about half that for Yana as a child, round trip, including Bonaire and Curacao airport departure tax (NAFl 10 ea. way), (coupons prepurchased and provided by the airline).

Now if they'd only start Aruba-Bonaire service with the same level of simplicity and customer service... :-)

Next time I need to fly between Bonaire & Curacao (something I do try to avoid, mind you, since I really like Bonaire), it's Divi Divi in a heartbeat.

See http://www.baibini.com for details on Divi Divi Air.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 7:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake on this thread a bit, when I move to BON Maggie will need braces..what are the options in BON??

What should I do while I am here..??

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yana is going to be fitted with an appliance to stretch out her jaw therefore making room for all those big teeth coming in. Our local dentist will be making the adjustments. I know other kids that have braces and I believe it is a Curacao based dentist that has office hours on Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 7:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Otthodontist is based in Boston, Mass. (Dr. Brown) and she comes to Curacao and Bonaire on a regular Basis. Annie, Diana can give you the info and you may be alble to contact her at her office in the US and then have her do adjustments once you move here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rory Arends on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know of an Aruban dentist who goes to Bonaire every week-end to see clients. His name is dr, Hagens and he [his office in Bonaire] can be reached at tel; 717-8044.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration