BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: UPDATE ON ROYAL ARUBIAN AIRLINES ???
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: UPDATE ON ROYAL ARUBIAN AIRLINES ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Friday, August 2, 2002 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can any of you folks living in Bonaire (or anyplace else) confirm whether RAA had their maiden flight to Bonaire from Aruba yesterday August 1? They were supposed to start their service yesterday with 2 flts per day. I'm ready to book with them but want to make sure they started the service....There have been numerous delays so far

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 6:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg,

Good question, I want to know too. As I am
due to fly down Aug 17 into Aruba on the way
to Bon. Lydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Director on Saturday, August 3, 2002 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Based on Rory's 7/30/02 message on the "Getting to Bonaire from Aruba" thread, it seems that RAA has not yet started flying and might not for a few more days. I booked for them for mid-October, but compared to Lydia, who is supposed to fly them in 2 weeks, I am not worried (at least not yet). Hope they start flying soon for everyone's sake and especially Lydia's. Lydia, please be sure to post BT with your experience on RAA, good luck, and enjoy Bonaire.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Tuesday, August 6, 2002 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rory,

How about giving us an update....credibility is sinking....Silence is awful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donn James on Wednesday, August 7, 2002 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Mark

How did you book them?? Online or phone call??

Thanx
DJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Director on Wednesday, August 7, 2002 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donn,

I booked my flights online via Royal Aruban's website. Prices quoted are for the total number of passengers flying, not per ticket. If you want to find out individual ticket prices, check for 1 passenger, and then reserve for the correct number. Once booked, they provide a confirmation number and you can print your itinerary based on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rory Arends on Thursday, August 8, 2002 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Folks. Following is an update on Royal Aruban Airlines:
Due to the long waiting on official documents and permits - first the Air Operator Certificate and then the Landing Rights in Curaçao and Bonaire - our pilots' licenses have expired as they have not flown for such a long time.
To renew their licenses they have to repeat their "Simulator Training" and this will take a couple of weeks. Simulator Time needs to be reserved and booked and they will have to travel to Atlanta, Georgia to get access to an Embraer 120 simulator.
We expect that all re-training and re-licensing will have taken place by the end of the month and are looking at start-up of services in the first days of September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, the delights of dealing with bureaucracies!!! And they don't pay your overhead during delays, do they.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration