BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: KLM Early morining flight
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: KLM Early morining flight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 2:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone flown in/out yet on the new direct flight. Would be interested to know any details such as does it route via Curacao for fuel etc.

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 3:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brian, we'll be arriving on Sunday afternoon.. though Jenni has recently returned, hopefully she'll pop in here..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No stop in Curacao for fuel on the daily flights heading through to Ecuador which arrive in very early in the am. The other direct flight hops to Curacao on Sundays only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 2:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are using this flight in August. Does anyone know if the taxis are gearded up for it or would it be best to persuade the hotel or a friend to book a taxi to meet us?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia, I think that some hotels do meet their guests, so I'd check on that.. but there have always been taxis around when we've arrived there in the past..they know when the flights are due in.. have a lovely time, Sarah:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all fueling is done on Bonaire...The taxis are there whenever planes land...no need to worry...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good, the fewer stops we have to make, the better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 3:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all for your input even with my bad spelling.

Sarah have a superb trip, are you doing your openwater course this trip??

I am jealous as I still have 12 weeks before BON!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 4:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, thank you.. as for the O/W, I'm finishing up here in the Autumn with the University..

12 weeks will soon pass.. will post a trip report upon our return..Sarah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marion Wilson on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brian,
Just to confirm the last information I had - the daily KLM flight (KL 753) apparently leaves AMS around midnight and you arrive in Bonaire at 03:40. The return flight (KL 754) leaves Bonaire at 14:45. There is no stop in Curacao - BON-AMS direct. The flight that goes via Curacao is KL 789 and arrives in Bonaire at 16:15, leaves to AMS via Curacao at 17:35. This flight is only on Friday's and Sunday's.
See you in September!
Regards, Marion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marion,

Can you double check on the Friday flight? I was under the impression then when the daily flights started last month that the Friday flight went off the schedule...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian on Monday, July 8, 2002 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marion

Cheers we will be bringing some friends in September and its our 25th wedding anniversary. I am looking at doing something special, is there a notary or similar to reconfirm our vows - maybe I should talk to Walt and do it on the Windjammer. Let us know if you need anything from home.

Brian & Sue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marion Wilson on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 9:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake - you are right (as always!) the Friday KL 789 has been stopped and only the Sunday one is scheduled.
Brian & Sue - yes you can reconfirm your vows and my contact suggests a Minister/Vicar Mr, Mercera who does a very nice job. You will need to bring your marriage licence just to prove to him that you are in fact married. If you want, I can contact him for you but will e-mail you directly for specifics (and my shopping list!).
Regards, Marion.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration