BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DAE in trouble?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: DAE in trouble?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #522) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 1:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw a blurb in the Reporter that DAE is having some financial trouble that "might" impact the long-term viability of the airline.

Anyone have any insight into what long-term might mean? I have a ticket for June 1 from AUA/BON.

If DAE implodes, what are the other AUA/BON options available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1607) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Insel and Tiara. Wish I had long-term vision (but for fun things, like winning lottery numbers)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #523) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Ruth. Looks like either one can get me from point A to point B (literally...LOL) on June 1.

I feel better now. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1608) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm here for ya babe.
;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2871) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ruth, when you figure out that lottery thing, let me know and i'll send you some money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2872) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

liz, things always somehow work out. we've been through ALM, bonaire exel, bonaire express, DCA, and now DAE...sometimes i think they just repaint the planes and keep flying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris keen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #175) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I sure hope DAE resolves their financial issues, if I have to fly Insel, I'll have to overnite in CUR which would be a PITA. My flight arrives via AA too late to catch the last Insel flight....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #415) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope they're not in trouble, too. They are the only airline that has a 6:00am departure (M-F) to CUR that will meet up with the AA departure for MIA. That said...I no longer trust them after they scr*wed my brother and sister with that flight! They gave brother and sis a credit for their next trip...if they are still in business!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1609) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless AA has changed their morning departure, none of the flights from BON can make it--AA's CUR/MIA time is 7:15am now-their counter would be closed by the time the 6am DAE landed (even if it was perfectly ontime). Back when AA used to depart at 8:45am, the DAE 6am, or the Easy Air 7am would both make the connection--now, not. :-(

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration