BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Check out continental TONIGHT!!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Check out continental TONIGHT!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15827) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 8:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

fares under $700 pp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13143) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup! I am seeing $658
http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US/content/deals/offers/Pages/LowFarestotheCaribbean.aspx?camp=ADHC&campyear=2011&sender=EMAIL_MKTG&language=EN&description=Merchandising-WK-CARIB_032011_FLOW-C

Your link did not work Freddie, so I posted mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15828) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks Deb what a great price!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15829) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

with taxes it comes to $1500.00 for January still a great price with the oil prices going up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seems crazy that EWR-AUA is $348, and EWR-BON is $658. Methinks there's more than just rising oil prices in play.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17418) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 1:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great price! I actually got an awesome deal through AA using the "Instant First Class Upgrade" option. SFO-Curacao for $890! Thats cheaper than we have paid in quite some time and a pretty darn good price from the west coast!

And my geekiness is just busting at the seams to come out regarding oil prices...Don't day trade any more but still watch the market like a hawk, so.....

Crude oil is mostly bought on long-term contracts or through their own companies production, so the oil companies don’t pay the world price for crude oil when it’s high. Their raw material costs are much lower than they would like us to believe. So when the companies raise the price of gasoline in tandem with the run-up in crude oil prices, they are making big profits!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #688) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

EWR-CUR is just $350 as well....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3505) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone possibly explain why it's almost a 100% difference in price to fly from Newark to Curacao as it is to fly from Newark to Bonaire????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #690) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Competition is most of it.
AA is the main way folks get to CUR, twice a day, 7 days a week.
It's roughly $550 RT BOS-CUR almost any day through next winter, except they've cut their price $100 for May and June from what I can see. Unclear who started this mini fare war...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration