BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Wednesdays AA MIA-CUR-BON Insel problem
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Wednesdays AA MIA-CUR-BON Insel problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #361) on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When booking AA on Wednesdays for the morning flight from MIA to CUR (arrives 2:05pm), do not choose Insel as CUR-BON connection. They still offer their 5 pm flight on the web site, despite the airport being closed early on Wednesdays (5 pm). So after booking this flight, you will get an e-mail saying you have been changed to the 3pm, since the BON airport is closed earlier. The 3pm is not waiting for you, even if you had your schedule changed by them. Getting this flight is impossible.(my daughters friends tried it today !!) Luckily BT had the information on Alan and Apartamentu Holanda which I had sent with them, so they are in a good place for the night :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Lawson (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 6:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi divi has the same issue ... we arrive on a wednesday at 205p on american from miami ... we had originally booked the 5p divi flight, but recently got a note about the airport closure ... we have been rebooked on the 330p divi flight, but i'm not holding my breath on that connection ... we made it once in the past several years ago, but it was tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #362) on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 8:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Apartamentu Holanda “Alan” he charges $65 for the night per room and he picks you up at the airport if you call him. Alan's phone # 599-868 2920
www.apartamentuholanda.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela M (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

An additional note on Apartamentu Holanda, Allan charges $20 RT to pick you up and take you back to the airport, well worth it in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Lawson (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information on Alan ... The costs certainly seem incredibly reasonable. I have sent an email inquiry and am only waiting to hear back! Again, I appreciate the feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #795) on Friday, April 8, 2011 - 1:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy
I've been staying at Apartmentu Holanda for 5 years! It's always been 65$ and clean. Allan will always do his best to get you back and forth from the airport.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration