BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Departure tax included?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Departure tax included?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #134) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I thought i read somewhere that the tax was collected as part of your airfare now?
Was i dreaming?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #673) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ha! thanks for the answer! i guess thats one less hassle to worry about....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

On my Continental flight 2 weeks ago it was included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #413) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 5:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When did that go into effect? When I flew CO 3 weeks ago, it was NOT included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15740) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 5:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

it depends on when you bought your ticket... I think if you bought it before Oct 2010 it was not included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEM (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We purchased our tickets for the 19 March Continental flight to Newark in May 2010 and were not charged the departure tax. When we got to the ticket agent they sent us to a back room to pay the departure tax, then we went to the security check - into the boarding area. Many people who had their tax on the ticket went straight to the security check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #496) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi folks,

As of October 1, 2010, all new tickets had the Bonaire departure tax included in them, except for tickets issued by Dutch Antillean Airlines (I have no idea why they are the only ones who don't charge it, so don't ask me why!). There is a still a departure tax desk to purchase the tax if you are flying off the island on either DAE or if you purchased your tickets prior to October 1st of last year. I understand this counter is now next to the Insel Air desk (but whether it's the reservations desk, or the check-in desk, I'm not sure.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron DeMink (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #113) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 10:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

when you check in they look at your ticket and either send you to security OR departure tax window

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your ticket receipt (not your boarding pass) should indicate that the tax was paid. For example, my last two Delta tickets show $35 charge per ticket for tax category "PC".

More information on tax code PC can be found in this previous post: http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/cgi-local/bbs/show.cgi?tpc=29&post=679846#POST679846

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lori Mulhisen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #108) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bring your receipt with you (in addition to your boarding pass as Roger says above) if you paid the departure tax. When we flew in January 2011, our receipt showed "PC" with a charge of $35 on each of our tickets, yet the CO agent said that her screen did not show that we paid the departure tax when booking. If it wasn't for having the receipt to show her, we would have had to pay it twice! The CO agent had to check with at least two other CO employees before she agreed that we had, in fact, paid the departure tax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #136) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 10:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you people, i see it on my receipt and will take a copy of such in case! just bought tiks last month for fall trip....
Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration