BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Insel from CLT
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Insel from CLT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #82) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 2:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone else heard anything else about the new rumored Insel flight from CLT to BON? I have been checking websites for Insel and CLT Douglas Airport - but nothing :(

That would be an awesome flight for those of us with direct flights to CLT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #668) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm hoping there will be a low Introductory Price to kick off that flight with a BANG.
My MasterCard is at the ready...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #945) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I heard nothing either .... Insel Air just announced the start of a Medellin connection for April .... CLT was said to be planned for June, there is still hope ...
But you could write also, perhaps that helps
heerenveene@fly-inselair.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #409) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm...Medellin sounds interesting. But between Medellin and where? Miami? Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #946) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When any of our airlines announces a new route it is always from Curacao , the connections to these flights with Insel Air from Bonaire are rather good.
The only direct flight from Bonaire is the one to Miami on Saturdays with Insel Air.

The Insel Air web site shows the latest news on the right side http://www.fly-inselair.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #669) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd be happy if Insel would just start flying from CLT to CUR. I'd rather they do that several days a week instead of adding yet another Saturday flight from the US to BON.
I've been trying to avoid the crowds that fly on Saturdays...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #778) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 2:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Depending on the time the flight leaves CLT, Bonaire could become an all daylight trip for west coasters.
Hope it's similar to the Miami departure time.---am I asking for a lot --yes!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #83) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did email Insel. Hopefully they will respond back. I will let everyone know what they say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17353) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That would be nice Bill...but here we are scheduled for the red eye to Miami and onto Curacao via AA and then Insel to Bon. Although I did get an awesome deal on first class tickets using the instant upgrade, I paid less than I would have for economy on Continental or Delta so I am not complaining too much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay everyone....Insel responded to my email. The news sounds very promising. Their response is:

InselAir will be offering services to Charlotte.

We do not have the exact date as yet, but most likely in june/july

But you can stay posted on our Facebook page or visit our website www.fly-inselair.com

I asked them specifically about service to/from CLT and BON - they did not acknowledge that, just that they will begin service to CLT. I emailed them back for some clarification.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #779) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 4:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Garrett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Insel responded back to my follow-up email. They said they do not yet have exact information as to where the CLT flight will fly to non-stop. So I guess we will wait and see :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Hartnett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to this aviation site.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5117291/

The flights have been loaded into a reservation system. I was able to pull up these flights on a travel agent tool at matrix.itasoftware.com

It looks like it will be Wednesdays and Saturday flights from Charlotte to Curacao.

The times are not ideal as the return flight to Charlotte leaves too early for connections from the first am flight from Bonaire to Curacao.

Leave Charlotte 2:25pm arrive Curacao 6:40pm
Leave Curacao 9:10am arrive Charlotte 1:25pm

I was able to pull up a flight to Bonaire from Charlotte in August for under 500 ( but you would have to stay in Curacao for a night on the return trip)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very interesting...I also just checked the ITA site and saw a $493 fare round trip CLT-BON via CUR. The return does not look very appealing though. Maybe Insel will rework some of their CUR-BON flights to make it more appealing (crossing fingers)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #692) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

These new flight are on kayak.com now, too!
They seem to start around June 22, with fares of around $400 to $432 CLT-CUR RT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #693) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The $493 CLT-BON trip looks great!
Leave CLT 2:25P, arrive BON 9:25P
Leave BON 7:55A, arrive CLT 1:25P
All on Insel...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #694) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

US Airways presently does not have Insel flights to connect seamlessly with.
Hopefully they'll get that together in a few days so we can connect in CLT from the northeast nicely...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't look in detail...just did a quick search in August for Wed-Wed...still looks promising :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #698) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 4:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I emailed US Airways about their supposed interline agreement with Insel.
I inquired how I would book a RT flight BOS-CUR, via CLT.
Apparently it's not easily doable yet; their answer:

Thank you for visiting usairways.com.

For this type of itinerary, you would need to call Reservations at
800-428-4622 and an agent would be happy to assist you. You would not be able to purchase this itinerary online.

We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett Killian (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 7:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was curious about that too Tom...so I checked online going from PGV to BON on USAirways website...it was not possible. When I checked on ITA's site, they routed me through MIA to Insel -- guess we have to be patient and see if Insel will become a codeshare partner with USAirways (I hope so).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #948) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 4:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the local newspaper Antillaans dagblad the following information was published:
Starting 22 June Insel Air will start flying to Charlotte. The introduction price is $337. Flights Cur/Charlotte will be on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration