BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Overnight in Curacao?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Overnight in Curacao?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wen Pederson (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 4:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just received notice from DAE that instead of flying in at midnight in May, they will now get us into BON the next morning -- I assume because of the airport closing.
Any recommendations for a place to stay in Curacao for 6 hours?? Contact info would be appreciated. We arrive CUR at 11 p.m. from Panama and leave the next morning for BON at 7 a.m. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4264) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 9:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

check out http://www.tripbase.com/Budget_Hotels_in-Curacao_Netherlands_Antilles.html Hotel Holland is only 5 minutes away from the airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wen Pederson (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 1:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for the info; however, Holland Hotel had a nasty review on Trip Advisor. Price was right,however.

Anyone stayed at either Hotel Scharloo or Hotel 'tKlooster? Seems as though both offer airport shuttle service. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #748) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 6:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wen
info@apartamentuholanda
Allan will pick you up and drop you back off the next morning.
These apartments are two stop lights away from the airport. They are clean and nicely kept.
Please tell allan Bill Derek and Marie said hi!
The cost is 65$ a night and 10$ each way to be picked up.
also take the phone # so you can call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wen Pederson (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Bill. That sounds like a good idea. Private bathrooms? Even if we only have 5 hours sleep, it's better than staying at the airport. By the way, are there phones at the airport? We won't have a cell that works there so don't know how we could call Allan. Again, appreciate the info! Wen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #750) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 8:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wen
You'll need a phone card, the pay phones don't take cash.
What I ended up doing was paying an islander a few bucks to use their phone?
A taxi will cost double to get to the apartments, so if you need directions let me know-- it's easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wen Pederson (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 12:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks again, Bill. It would be good to have directions, just in case...Also if you have the phone number, I'd appreciate it. I'm emailing Allen today to make sure he has space for us. Wen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #751) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wen
I've taken a taxi twice and each time had to show the driver where this place is --but it's easy to find.
Exit airport and turn right onto the main road.
Continue on the road which bends inland.
Go to the 2nd light- 3 to 4 miles-- turn right.
Make another quick right onto the first street.
look left for a short street or ally, continue past and take the next left. it's recognized by the fact it has a tree in the middle of the road, its the second building on the left, it has a sliding iron gate and is marked with its name.
As you look at the apartment building go to the far left walk to the back and look for Allan's house on the back left.
Good diving and have fun, have dinner at my favorite place ---Wil's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #752) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

[599-9]868 2920 is Allan's #

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vann Evans (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Sunday, February 6, 2011 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill. thanks for the info. I tried to email them-bad address. Can you check the name again.

Thanks
Vann Evans
Sand Dollar A4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #754) on Monday, February 7, 2011 - 1:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

info@apartamentuholanda.com I think I left off the .com the first time--sorry

www.apartamentuholanda.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vann Evans (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Monday, February 7, 2011 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info-I have been in touch and have a reservation there. The arrangements are exactly as you described. What a relief!!Allan seemed very nice -I will report later.

Vann Evans Sand Dollar A4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #755) on Monday, February 7, 2011 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vann
Allan is a great guy, when the family flies through Cur we all stay there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Parachute (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 3:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned, stayed there @ beg & end of my trip. Accommodations were fine. No hot shower in studio in case that's important to you (wasn't big deal to me).

Allan was v helpful regarding local orientation and Curaçao info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guilherme Losch (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 8:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I´ll stay there too. Allan seems to be a very nice guy. Will overnight on 4th March and return for a 2 night stay.
Does anyone have recommendations on truck rental? He recommended Crazy car rental. Does anyone know that? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #758) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 4:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As far as truck rentals go, I've been told to rent from the smaller companies. Better prices and better service.
Plz let me know about Crazy car rental--thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela M (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 3:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're staying at the Apartmentu Holanda next Tuesday, I will make sure to post about our experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #968) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking forward to read your post.
It could be that we need to overnight in Curacao in July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wen Pederson (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 12:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Angela: Thanks for the forthcoming posting. We'll be there on May 23 and look forward to hearing about your stay! So far, everything looks okay and Allan was quite responsive!

Wen

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration