BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Insel air from Curacao
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Insel air from Curacao
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin T (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the below cutting it too close for my dive buddies? basically if on time an hour and 20 mins in CUR to make the connection?

Continental Airlines
Flight 1862 73G
Newark Liberty (EWR)
Curacao (CUR) 08:50am -09Apr, Sat
01:40pm -09Apr, Sat Nonstop
Coach
4hr 50min
Insel Air
Flight 309 EMB
Curacao (CUR)
Bonaire (BON) 03:00pm -09Apr, Sat
03:30pm -09Apr, Sat Nonstop
Coach
0hr 30min

Flight Duration : 5hr 20min Layover Time : 1hr 20min Total Trip Time: 6hr 40min

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1543) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes. Book a later flight-there are plenty available (Insel, DAE or Divi Divi). In CUR, you have to clear immigration, pick up your bags, clear customs (all bags are x-rayed on their way out), get over to the counters & check-in to the next flight. Buy transit tax, get thru security & to gate.

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/428113/439540.html?1292012890

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin T (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 11:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thank you Ruth! I will have them book the 5 ish flight just in case! i am guessing missed connections happen often and people scrammble for any way to get over to BON!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1544) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep-and the BON/CUR planes are mostly small, so seats go fast; I always book a later flight, and if there's a miracle (you're on-time AND the airport is empty in front of you), you can ask to be put on the earlier flight if there's space.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration