BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Leaving the hotel California
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Leaving the hotel California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone had any luck clearing thru on the Continental flights with preprinted boarding passes?? or are they still sending you back to the check in zoo?? If CO did not accept the passes why would they let you print them?? Is this just another job security thing, myopia lack of communication or what?? They still make you take computers out of bags that go thru security scans in every other airport in the world. Perhaps the runway is not the only thing needs paving over. Although credit is due no more immi cards now they are scanning passports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #942) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 8:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Which kind of bag are you using for your computer ? If Charlotte, Miami, Tampa my computer has to go out of the bag ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TSA certified. splits open w windows etc. this is very standard. thru all NY airports London Tel aviv. These things are very standard for international travelers. In fact I usually carry 2 computers in it side by side. goes flat out so they can see both of them. So far the ONLY place I have an issue is Bonaire!! Their excuse is "We are not TSA" Never thought I would call TSA enlightened ;))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TSA certified. splits open w windows. Very standard for travelers these days. In fact I often carry 2x17" ones lays flat so they can see both of them. London NY Japan Tel Aviv no prob. Only Bonaire!!! Their excuse "We are not TSA" Never thought I would call TSA enlightened ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In fact I often post duplicate messages. They open side by side lay flat and you can see them both. OOPs sorry. Another thing that only happens on Bonaire ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #194) on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 12:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a TSA approved laptop case and flying from Toronto, they still made me take my laptop out even though it has a see through viewing pocket. They told me that it was only a U.S. policy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Smith (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Preprinted or iphone boarding passes straight to the gate with carry on. As I said never thought I would say TSA is enlightened.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration