BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: EWR to CUR to BON - Best connection to BON?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: EWR to CUR to BON - Best connection to BON?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ellen Robinson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am arriving in CUR on Sat April 30 at 1:40pm. What connecting flights and times are good to BON?

Insel 3pm or 5 pm? (maybe book the 5pm and if lucky make the 3pm if seats are avail?)
DAE 4:14 pm

Any other?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #190) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did yyz to Cur last fall and took the 5 pm Insel. Gave us a little break to stretch, eat, get thru customs and enjoy some sunshine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1536) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take whatever you can get, ASAP (5pm safer). April 30 is a very big holiday (Queen's Birthday) celebrated in Holland, Curacao and Bonaire (as is May 1, Labor Day). Lots of travelers from everywhere going to/from CUR/BON.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1537) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are 4 airlines flying CUR/BON (although Easy Air does not fly on Saturdays): http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/428113/439540.html?1292012890

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #761) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 11:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ellen
Welcome to Bonaire Talk!
Generally speaking the 5 pm would be my choice.
Most of the time American is on time, but can be late. It will take about an hour to clear customs.
Take the phone # of the Curacao airlines just in case. The last time I booked with EZ air,for the ride over to Bonaire, American had a mechanical delay in Miami. I was able to contact EZ and since they only fly daylight hours they booked me with DAE--without using my credit card--they were marvelous
You'll find the smaller Curacao airlines very accommodating.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration