BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Thanks-Ruth Van Tillberg
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Thanks-Ruth Van Tillberg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron DeMink (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #105) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to you I think a disaster has been averted.
DAE changed our flight to the 17th and the car and house rental have been changed too. We also have been able to get overnite housing on Cur.
If the baggage makes it all is well
Thanks again
Ps Rental agency for car and house had no idea this was happening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1502) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You're welcome-better to be forewarned & prepared. Re: rentals here not making the connection between your arrival time from CUR & the airport closings...I'm not surprised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4265) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know this is totally off the subject and just seeing Ruth's name cause me to relive my KFC experience last nite..The chicken pieces were 50% bigger and I almost could not finish my three piece order! No I don't work for KFC but my perfect job outlook as a kid was to manage a KFC and work part time in Dunkin' donuts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1507) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2850) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

michael, are you going to open a DD there now? i remember our first trip to bonaire a long time ago. we were at carib inn and were standing outside our room one morning waiting to go on a boat dive. a girl in the next room came out of her room carrying a DD bag and was almost attacked by another guest who was pleading "where is the dunkin donuts??? is it close by?" she had no idea what he was talking about till she realized she had the DD bag. she just looked at him and said "oh, i am so sorry...i just have my bathing suit in this bag". i was pretty disappointed too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda T. Henderson (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 2:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael - do you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee? How does it compare to Folgers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #749) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes,
THANKS, for all your contributions!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron DeMink (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 6:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dunkin coffee is the BEST!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #676) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 10:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dunkin French vanilla iced coffee my drug of choice !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2575) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth is also a terrific boss. Of course, I'm sucking up for a promotion....you the best chicken lady boss!

Lol on the DD bag...that could have gotten really ugly...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1509) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love DD coffee too-just the regular kind (no flavors)--it's my drug of choice while in the US. And they let you buy one munchkin...
;-)

Tink, you gotta get better...I wanna add a donut fryer...you'll be in charge!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2577) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 3:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donut frier? Promotion Paid in polars I assume? I'm in !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #677) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 12:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink,

Have I got some pictures for you....... I just need to get them posted.

Can you say "Bonaire KFC Manager's Shirt?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1512) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave, Tink has her manager's shirt...and even a name tag. I still have your tag-Jan forgot to give it to you in Aug.
;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2579) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave, btw, my manager's shirt is better than your manager's shirt...just sayin'...oh, and the fryer is MINE! BACK OFF!!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #678) on Sunday, February 6, 2011 - 1:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink,

All of that may be so..... but do you have actual pictures of yourself working at the KFC?

The proof is in the gravy, my girl!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration