BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA flight to Curacao and no baggage?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: AA flight to Curacao and no baggage?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Biersack (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone ever experience no luggage in Curacao with connecting flight to Bonaire? How does AA get bags to Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Biersack (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not going till Nov. Just asking the question(-:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #182) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fred, my wife and I flew to bonaire via curacao this past november. we had a reservation with insel air to bonaire. You will need to pick up your bags in curacao then check in again with your connecting airline ( divi air, insel air,) or whoever you choose,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1474) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You mean, what do you do if you get to CUR, but your bags don't, at the same time? Tricky. You'd have to do all the lost luggage forms at the counter in CUR. Don't forget to take pix of your luggage before you check it anywhere-always a good safety measure. Technically, I think AA'd be responsible for getting your bags only to CUR (they'll be tagged only to CUR too), not forwarded on to Bonaire, so I guess you'd have to beg for some mercy & compassion, from both AA & the next airline. This'd be a case where it'd be handy to be connecting on Divi or Easy, since they're small, personal airlines, and would be able to follow up for you in CUR. I would not expect Insel or DAE to do personal follow-ups, but you never know. I fly via CUR on AA 3-4x/yr, and thankfully have never had this happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Biersack (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, that's what i mean. I guess , the carry-on needs at least the mask, reg,computer, bathing suit and any other critical item.

Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1475) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 7:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's wise to ALWAYS pack 2 days of essentials in your carry-on, and of course all meds & valuables, no matter where you go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #344) on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We arrived one suitcase short, filled out papers in CUR, which caused us to miss our connection to BON. Spent a night in CUR, next morning on DAE to BON, suitcase came 2 days later. We had a family member track it in the US and call us when AA said it should be in BON. It literally sat between the luggage carousels by itself and nobody asked for any ID when we entered that area with a DAE person. No reimbursement by AA. DAE transferred the booked flight expenses to the next morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17223) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 12:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth..remember hubbies lost luggage? Lol
We flew AA to Curacao and then
Insel to Bonaire, one bag was missing for 3 days...AA in us was of no help, we finally called the AA desk at curacao airport and they sent it right over on the next flight which happened to be a DAE flight. No charge to us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1480) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 12:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

RA, yes. Next time, just leave hubby's suitcase home...I've GOT TO have an excuse to "organize" Jan's closet. (Also makes ya realize just how much you can do without on Bonaire too, eh?)
;-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration