BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Departure tax
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Departure tax
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By junie (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When we fly to the US this year, do we pay the departure tax ($35) separately or is it included in the Continental/Delta ticket prices?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #272) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why don't you ask Delta/Continental. they should know what they have charged you for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Driscoll (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew both Delta and Continental flights in 2010. We had to pay the departure tax at the airport. We tried to pay during the week to avoid the rush during check in but were told we couldn't pay until we had checked in and had our boarding pass in hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie C (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I suspect that it depends on when you bought the tickets. Ours were bought and paid for last spring, when the new rule was but a gleam in someone's eye. The official notice said that the departure tax can be paid at the airport through January. I'm going to wait and ask how to pay it when we get there in February. Unless anyone else has more information?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By junie (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I thought I read somewhere that tickets purchased after October 2010, will have Bonaire departure tax included in the ticket price.

Last November I bought a ticket to Houston. I checked my Continental E-ticket, and found that including in the taxes there was a PC(?) tax = $35 and I thought that was the departure tax. But when I checked in at the airport, the Continental counter agent said I needed to buy departure tax. Did not have time to argue with them, I coughed up the money to pay for the departure tax.

I posted the question hoping somebody may know. I guess I will have to call Continental reservation again to ask. Tickets are expensive enough without paying twice for departure! I called Saturday and the hold time was 30 minutes (sigh!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie C (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I found this on the InfoBonaire site, "A departure tax, also know as a Passenger Facility Charge (PFC)" So is that the same as your PC tax? Good question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Matthew White (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #166) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our tickets for Continental leaving on Friday and purchased in August do not have a PFC that is not prefaced by "US" and is far less than the customary $35 per passenger charged in Bonaire. I think that you can now get your boarding passes in Bon before paying the tax on day of your return home. If anyone knows this please help. If that remains true, get your boarding pass at check-in and ask the Continental Staff in Bon. They should be able to help. Please don't do this unless someone can confirm my recollection of being able to check-in with airline on departure first, before someone else can confirm this. Is this true or am I having a brain fart?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration