BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Boston to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Boston to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #345) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have no interest in starting a debate because to each his/her own, but I offer my new favorite way to get to Bonaire from the Boston area. JetBlue 7:30a.m. non-stop to Aruba arriving 1:00p.m, overnight in Aruba after relaxing, walking beach, etc., 9a.m. non-stop puddle jump on Tiara arriving Bonaire 10a.m. You don't need to overnight if you prefer to take the 7p.m. Tiara non-stop to Bonaire. Just did this route after getting out of Boston a day ahead of the big snow storm. Nice. It works every day except Tue. & Thurs, when there are no Tiara flights to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #645) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 11:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I went via Aruba a few years back, 8 nights on BON, then 4 nights on Aruba before coming home. Clearing customs in Aruba on the return was MUCH better than either ATL or MIA.
Flying midweek, we seemed to have lucked out with no crowds.
Apparently some cruise ships load/unload via Aruba, so good to pick a day when that's not happening...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #203) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks Nathalie for sharing. always interested in opinions about getting to Bonaire from Boston! Thought that route looked interesting. Not a big fan of the continental red eye although have done it. Delta through Atlanta interesting except for short connecting time for Bonaire leg of flight.
actively looking for late June trip. so far only have found continental and its not cheap. Don't think jet blue flies to Aruba in June. anyway thanks for your opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #346) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 8:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It might be useful to add return flight info, so, below is round trip info.

Boston-Bonaire:
Depart Boston JetBlue 7:30a.m. non-stop arriving Aruba 1:00p.m.
Depart Aruba 7p.m. Tiara non-stop puddle jump arriving Bonaire 7:50
Or, overnight in Aruba and depart 9a.m. arriving Bonaire 10:00.

Bonaire-Boston:
Depart Bonaire 10:20a.m. Tiara non-stop to Aruba
Depart Aruba 2:15p.m. JetBlue non-stop arriving Boston 6:15p.m.

This schedule presently works every day except Tue. & Thu., when there are no Tiara Bonaire flights, and Sunday when there is only an evening flight. Total cost can vary, but is usually far less than Delta these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #196) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will have to put that on my list for next year. I am always looking for a better way to get from Boston to Bonaire.

This year we are taking a limo service to Newark and flying direct from Newark to Bonaire. (there are 4 of us traveling and we are from the Cape). I am so tired of worrying about connection times etc. We flew Delta last year and it was a nightmare.

I am going to look into your idea for next year. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ctang (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nathalie and Beth,

I have been advised by two knowledgeable sources (the Tiara ticket agent and Ruth) that the return connection at Aruba may not allow for sufficient time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #347) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 10:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks. I appreciate the heads-up. Based on my past experiences at the Aruba airport, I think 3 hrs. for a mid-week connection will probably be O.K. I'll post after the fact to let others know how it worked out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1486) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 11:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Nathalie --- I'll be in Bonaire Jan 30 - Feb 18 --- any chance we'll catch up with each other there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #348) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 9:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Josie,
YGM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #385) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 8:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nathalie-
What did you pay for that ticket (Jet Blue + Tiara)? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #349) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Total round-trip Boston-Bonaire was $783., and it included the Aruba departure tax. I booked less than one week prior and was lucky it worked out. JetBlue prices can vary a fair amount. I love their web site. You put in travel dates and they show you fares for the 7 days around those dates. If you have flexibility, you choose the least expensive dates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #350) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 7:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Following up on previous post. My travel completed, I can report that the JetBlue mid-week Boston-Aruba and Tiara Aruba-Bonaire route worked like a charm. No crowds, no stress and less expensive than Delta. The just under 3hr. connection time for the return was ample on the day I flew.

The schedule of evening flights into Bonaire is being affected by construction at the Bonaire Airport. This will temporarily impact Tiara's 7p.m. flight to Bonaire. Don't know if they will add a flight earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1495) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 11:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad you had a good trip home, Nathalie. I'll have to look into JetBlue connections out of Rochester to JFK to see if it works for us....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Morin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, February 7, 2011 - 6:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've used the NYC version with Jet Blue-->Aruba-->Tiara-->Bonaire and return. Also was very convenient for a Monday to Monday trip.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration