BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Insel from kingston jamaica to bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Insel from kingston jamaica to bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent thomas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Saturday, January 8, 2011 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Be aware that customs in Jamaica uses an ice pick looking object to STAB your luggage looking for drugs .We watched from inside the plane in horror as they pierced peoples luggage with a 6-7 inch pick looking for false bottoms ect..,Thinking AHHH my bcd,camera,mask ect.luckily ours didn't get stabbed .But there would be no one who would give a dam if any thing happened .Its not the airlines fault and customs would say its there job.ahhhh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #636) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, neato!
Thank goodness all my Jamaica trips have been through MoBay then, not Kingston!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1527) on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 2:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do you have video of this activity? What airline? Why was customs looking at luggage as it was being loaded?

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent thomas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 10:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They also did it on the return back to canada from mbj .as far as why they were doing it as it was being loaded is anyone's guess. But from now on ill be asking to have my bags searched before hand .The airlines were west jet and insel i spoke to them about it ,they said they have nothing to do with customs procedures. I didn't get Any photos or videos my camera was in my bag .Some how one of the strobe arms broke !.I'm not saying they it for every flight its just something to be aware of.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration