BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DAE bashing - not this time
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: DAE bashing - not this time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Matheson (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As we sit at the CUR airport waiting on info on our delayed AA flight to MIA I have to say the the DAE round trip CUR-BON was flawless. Both flights left on time, staff were very helpfull and nice and we were not charged for any over weight baggage even though we were about five kilos over. Was told "no charge today, have a happy new year".

Reservation and payment was painless as well.

Also had a Total rent a car for three weeks with low milage that ran great and was not charged for anthing unexpected.

Just thought I'd mention it since both companies get a pretty bad rap around here. In three weeks also nothing was stolen and no one tried to kill us ever! Ha ha. Great trip... Now if American ever decides to pick us up in CUR it will have been a great trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 2:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's comforting to hear. I'm flying with them in two weeks. Taking the 10:30 flight from Cur to Bon. I've read the horror stories too. But you're right so far, no problems booking my flight and I have my printed e-ticket in hand. Wish me luck! Glad you had a great trip. With all the mess in the Northeast good luck with AA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2812) on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

if you wait long enough you'll hear horror stories about all airlines. we used to fly ALM to bonaire from either curacao or miami. never had a really bad experience but others had numerous complaints about ALM. then we flew various AA routes and had some problems...the worst of which could have been called "the trip from heck" (not nearly as bad as a trip from hell. presently we like the continental cle-iah-bon route. it gets us to a warm weather airport for the flight to bonaire and has enough flights to get to houston that we can pick the time of day to get started. we've only done it once so far but liked it.

remember, what some people call a trip from hell, others call a minor inconvenience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #735) on Saturday, January 1, 2011 - 12:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Even a blind squirrel (DAE) finds a nut!
When you have companies like EZ air going the extra mile to make sure you arrive when your involved in a Miami delay, makes DAE look pale.
There is a large segment of Bonaire visitors who have had their fill.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration