BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire from LA. How are the experiences?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Bonaire from LA. How are the experiences?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By syndee serrano on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 3:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are flying from northern Ca to LA and then to Jamaica and then to Bonaire. That is alot of flying. Two things, we have a 5 hour layover in Jamaica from 6;30am to 11:30 am. Does anyone have any suggestions besides the Jimmy Buffet Resturant in the airport. Also the connection coming home is 45 minutes from Jamaica to LA.How this been for anyone that has done this route. Thanks for the input

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the past AJ, allowed their red-eye passengers use of their 1st class lounge between connections. You should check with them to make sure they are still doing this.

It is small but serves coffee, tea, juices, breakfast type snacks. Comfortable chairs/sofas. Even a TV which my kids appreciated. Private bathrooms for the lounge only so nice and clean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Huff on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Syndee...we have used AJ twice and will again be using them in 20 days from now from LAX...the 5 hour layover is tiring at that time of the morning but we have always been able to go into the 1st class lounge and freshen up and get a bite to eat and some coffee...I also hope they will continue to do this for coach passengers this year! but, Jimmy Buffet's is a great alternative!

As for the return 45 minute connection we made it once and we didn't make it once (AJ put us up at a hotel in Montego Bay and flew us back to LAX the next day)..."no problem mon"

Have fun...Rog & Karen Huff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rebecca Starkweather on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another thing to keep in mind with long layovers is your luggage. The only negative thing I heard about this layover (which we will go thourgh next month) is I ran into a photographer last fall who had his luggage broken into during his five hour layover. He departed out of LAX and assumed it occurred during the layover. He had to file a claim when he arrived in Bonaire and he said what was stolen were mainly books and his female companions clothes. He advised us never to pack valuables in checked luggage when traveling though Jamaica because he has had photography lenses stolen when departing out of Jamaica in the past. he had to get his suitcase back when his flight to the mainland was cancelled on a previous trip and his luggage was broken into while he waited to learn his flight was cancelled. this was on another airline though. (we put 100,000/each during each of the last 2 years on Delta on worldwide travel) and I survived an assault at the Mumbai airport.
I know our Delta crown room membership will allow us into the Air Jamaica hospitality room.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration