BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica's Baltimore schedule change
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Air Jamaica's Baltimore schedule change
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter on Wednesday, December 6, 2000 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was recently notified by my travel agent that Air Jamaica has changed its schedule from Baltimore and there is no longer legal connection time to Bonaire. We have had reservations on that flight since last summer and had to change to Philly to make a good connection next March. I e-mailed Air Jamaica but got no answer. Now we have to fly to Philly and overnight from NH both ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would check with Air Jamaica Vacations and also call airline again. Your travel agent is going by the "rules" but AJ does make concessions for their Bonaire flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

After seeing this message, I checked by calling Air Jamaica concerning our reservations for January. We fly out of Baltimore on Saturday morning 1/20, with connection in Jamaica for Bonaire. Air Jamaica confirmed the flights to me, even though the connection in Jamaica is only a brief 30 minutes. The agent assured me that we would make the connection---I would like to think that if you are on their flight, connecting to another of their flights, in their hub, that they are going to try to make sure you do not get stranded. Luggage may be a different story, however...we plan to have a very complete carry-on in hand for each of us (and luggage loss insurance---it is automatic with Amex, and on this occasion could be cost-effective).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My travel agent called Air Jamaica and they said they would not guarantee luggage on the flight so we switched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 7:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take out baggage insurance or use carry on. ALso, when you check in Montego Bay, make sure they have made the transfer. I suggest you go to www.airjamiaica.com and ask them what their policy is as well. So far, they have had a good track record.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sharyn spray on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 7:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We also had a travel agent who"played by the rules " and wouldn't make reservations for our Balt-Bon trip. I booked it thru Expedia with no problem and even tho we were late leaving Balt they held the connecting flight long enough for both connecting passengers and their luggage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Friday, December 8, 2000 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is AJ's unwrtien policy to hold planes for passenger and their luggage for connections from their inbound flights.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration