BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: US Passports for infants?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: US Passports for infants?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Cronin on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hello -

My wife and I are planning a trip (our first!) to bonaire in mid June. Does anyone know if I need to get a passport for my 9 month old daughter? has anyone had any experience travelling to bonaire with children?

thanks

Chris Cronin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My daughter and I are dual citizens and take our passports everywhere we travel out of the US. She has had both since she was 7 months old. I also will start to take the custody papers reflecting my sole custody status as some countries do require it, especially since my child has a different surname.

I am not sure the rules re: US citizens..let us know what you discover.

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A birth certificate with the raised seal will work. It can't be a photocopy. Don't forget her mask, fins and snorkel too! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 10:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You don't need a passport although you can get one for a 9 month old. My son had his first one at 6 months old. The toughest part was taking a picture with the head the correct size for a passport. Just make sure your passports or documents match the names that appear on your child's birth certificate.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration