BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: WHAT ARE THE MAJOR AIRLINES TO BONAIRE FROM ATLANTA/MAIMI
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: WHAT ARE THE MAJOR AIRLINES TO BONAIRE FROM ATLANTA/MAIMI
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are planing a trip in August 8-15, but the prices for airfare is outrages (768.00) and leaving Bonaire at 6:00 A.M. Bites...So I've been trying to look into alternative airlines. Hope someone can be of help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leigh Ann on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 5:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica flys out of Atlanta. Have you tried any of the travel agents? Caradonna, Bonaire Pros, usually have good airfare because they have blocks of seats reserved and can get better prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By herman mowery on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dutch Caribbean Air flies out of Miami and others I am sure. It is a revamped ALM.....but better I hope. I have tickets for June 8, will file a report afterwards. The schedule is not bad however, leaves MIA at 2pm and arrives Bon 4:50pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Relich on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ran into the same problem with airfares after I cancelled my March trip. Found that by calling or emailing some listed above I did pretty well on an entire package. If you want, you can email me and I'll give you the name, email and number of the travel agent I used. She got me a fantastic deal. Now the trip is not until June, and the proof is in the pudding. But I'm willing to share the details. It was impossible to get airfare for the price of the package she got me.

Sometimes it still pays to use a professional travel agent I have found out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Stauffer on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you can avoid the 6AM or 7AM AA flights, do so. we arrived at 3:55 and within 15 minutes there was a long line behind us. People who arrived at 5:45 - 6AM got left behind. It is a long wait. I have heard that Air Jamica has the best times and routes to Bonaire.
Good luck
Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L .Harris on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 12:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat,
>
>Can you furnish some information regarding a complete package( airfare and accomodations included)airfare from Atlanta to Bonaire
>
>rh1031@yahoo.com
>
>If anyone else has some pertinent info please forward
>to me as well.
>
>Have a great trip in June 2002.
>
>Richard
>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I suggest calling WORLDDIVE and ask for Larry... he can fix you up with air and land with as good a deal that could be found. Larry can book Plaza, Divi, Buddy and all the others... he really knows the ropes on the air

1800-433-DIVE (3483)

http://worlddive.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 9:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

check out Caradonna tours, and ask for Kim. We just got a great deal on Air Jamaica. At this time, ALM is undergoing lots of changes and bankruptcy. We were recommended not to use them, even though we'd used them twice in the past with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am trying to travel in December and the prices are still out of sight. On my last check with Kim at Caradonna Travel she told me that Air Jamaica had some good rates but you had to complete travel before December 17th which I didn't qualify for. She is excellent to do business with and really knows her stuff!! If anyone hears of good rates for my travel period, which is the 7-21st of December,please let me know. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I called DCA (former ALM) yesterday to check on rates to Bonaire. They must want their business back real bad. They quoted me $269-289 RT from MIA...this include Saturday as well as other days of the week departures. Saturday is direct to Bonaire at 2:00 p.m. Other days of the week to Curacao...same departure time.

I also checked on flights in September. They are currently showing the direct flt to bonaire at 2:00 on Sat but also showing a 7:30 a.m. MIA to Cur which gets you into boniare early in afternoon..I am not sure I would trust them on this flight...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think the air rates are always high in the last half of December (and on into Spring)--all those of us wanting to get away from the cold up here in the north. Check the 'high season', 'low season' rate dates, for air travel and 'on-island'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 3:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the advice, we ended up using Kim @ Carradona. We got a great package staying at Divi Flamingo the package Kim got for us included diving,truck rental,accomodations and air, cheaper than anything I could find on the internet.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration