BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Owner of hydrofoil passenger ferry would like to operate in Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Owner of hydrofoil passenger ferry would like to operate in Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Beasse on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 10:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I own a passenger hydrofoil. I am looking for a partner to help me set up and operate a service in the Bonaire area. Can anyone get this information to people on the island who might be able to help me. I will also gladly answer any questions anybody has. and would appreciate any and all input.

thank you Robin Beasse

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kristin holman on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As a future passenger...any chance you can be up and running by Jan 15th????????? I don't want another 8 hour layover waiting for ALM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What sort of use?? Bonaire-Curacao? Local
Bonaire water taxi? Individual operator rental?
The water between B & C is open ocean with
ocean swells and waves that have prevented
ferry service. Might be a little hard on
hydrofoils, especially eastbound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Beasse on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Glenn

Has there been a ferry tried before?

If the water/market conditions don't warrent a fery service, do you know of a better area that does in the southern carib

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robin -
It sounds to me like you need to visit Bonaire and get a boat to take you out between Bonaire and Curacao (if that is what you are talking about). Sounds to me like - have boat will travel. And remember, things take time when you deal with governments. Like how would you deal with customs.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a new service which runs between Bonaire and Curacao. Serves breakfast on out bound trip, return trip will probably be too rough. It is the brain child of ABC yachting and the had one shakedown curise to date. RT fare is $100.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By H. Huntzinger on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've frequented a 'hydrofoil' (catamaran jetboat...55knots) in the Great Lakes (Port Clinton, Ohio) and I'd favor that option over the often "iffy" nature of ALM.

IMO, make sure to have a package that includes airport transfers and a healthy baggage allowance and I'd be beating a path to your door...I'd have one booked for next month for sure.

...and offer a polo shirt with clever logo on your website :-)

-hh

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration