BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM...no problems
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: ALM...no problems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob routhe on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 9:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were on Bonaire Oct 4 thru Oct 10,took ALM from Miami through Curacao to Bonaire each way and had no problems at all.The flights were on time,the luggage arrived with us,no rude or discurtious employees,better than average airline food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 3:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great to hear no problems, we leaving Now for Bonaire!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great to hear that you had no problems-- however ALM has changed our November flights home so instead of leaving the island at 12:15pm they changed it to 7:30 am-to-Curacao- and an 8:45am flight to Miami
and then we have a 5 hour layover in Miami.---

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob routhe on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 9:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Depending on where you live ,maybe you can catch an earlier flight out of Miami.Our flight home on Northwest has never been full.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 1:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm coming to Bonaire on ALM fr Miami on Oct. 30 with an unconfirmed seat (or flight?). When you go on the web site www.airalm.com it says the schedule is guaranteed through Oct. 28....then what? Does anyone know what's going on or heard anything? Thanks.
Kate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob,
the main problem with the changed flightd was that ALM moved the flight out of Curacao almost
51/2 hours earlier. I have not checked into whether or not we could get an earlier flight out of Miami to Boston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 3:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kate,
I have heard that Alm is having problems meeting payroll and that also the pilots might be walking out on Oct 27th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 7:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is a monthly occurance and it almost always seems to get resolved. In all the years I have been on Bonaire, ALM has been the topic of many disucssions and also at least the object of one complete strike about 3 years ago. Anyone who is really concerned should check air jamiaica and see if there is a gate way city near them. They now have two flights per week and if their traffic increases, so will flight frequency.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 11:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jan-
ALM changed all my flights on the way down on Oct 30, but on the way back (Nov 9), I am on that 12:15 flight that departs Bonaire. Did they just take you off that flight , or did they tell you it no longer exists? Because as of yesterday, they told me it's still a go. I plan on monitoring this up until the last minute!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration