BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Los Angels to Bonaire?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Los Angels to Bonaire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone gone from LAX to Bonaire recently? What airlines, cost. etc. Want to go end of April and suggestions would be helpful
Thanks
Stu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton Spitz (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suggest LAX to IAH via Continental then overnight to BON. Have done this three times this year originating in SAN. We have a flight, SAN to BON this March for $825. Check with them on the web.
Bart Spitz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8080) on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

First, there is no "short" or easy way to get from the left coast to Bonaire, but it's worth it:-)

Stuart, welcome to Bonarie Talk. I've made nine treks from LAX to Bon. All via AA and AE. Redeye from LAX to San Juan, then you have an eight hour lay over until your flight to Bonaire. There are a lot of things to do on your layover if you choose that route (here's a link). As far as prices, over the years I've paid as low as 750, and as high as 1200.

San Juan Airport and layover travel tips

Others have been doing the continental route, flying to Houston, then taking the redeye to Bonaire.

I've been tweaking with a trip, via Delta. I don't know if Delta has a redeye to atlanta, as I've been looking at leaving from Orange county airport. This is the route I will have to take. SNA to ATL on a friday, overnight in Atlanta, then ATL to Bon on saturday. nice thing is....NO REDEYE! Obviously, the reverse on the way home. In August, the price was 1109. Now, it's 650. Amazing! I have AMEX points I usually use for hotels, so 650 is a pretty smokin' deal from the left coast, and again, NO REDEYE. You do have to take two extra travel days with the itinerary, but it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Note, when I checked in august, there was no flight from ATL to SNA on my return the same night (Saturday), which meant another overnight on the way home. As of a couple weeks ago, there WAS...so, you could conceivably come home in one day. I know folks who have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #642) on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 7:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

leaving from sfo on red eye to atl then atl to bon using delta this time.

on return flt i will get into sfo at midnight. at least i won't have to stay over on either trip.
i had visa points so it brought flt cost down to 631.80
es will be leaving 3-13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #380) on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Lax to Aua, then Tiara over to Bonaire. I live in Vegas and so far this is the cheapest price for my July trip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One other thing put it up on YAPTA and see what happens?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 10:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the advice.
It appears that I can go on Delta from LAX to Bonaire early April for $688 per person. One stop in Atlanta. After mid April the costs to Bonaire and back start to jump or the flights get long and inconvenient. Price goes to over $1000 or flight goes through New York which doubles travel time to 22 hours. Again thanks for all the information
Stu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8152) on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Stuart, you won't get any cheaper than 688, I'd go for it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 7:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just discovered Continental has $576 trip to Bonaire from LAX. Its a red eye flight arriving at 5:30 AM
Stu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8494) on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Stuart, direct from LAX to Bon???? or LAX to Houston, and Houston redeye to Bon? I' haven't heard of a new flight...LAX to BON...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It LAX to BON via a stop in Houston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, February 8, 2009 - 10:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have tickets on Delta for April 10 to 18th. Have good seats on flights. $688 per person. Its a redeye but its worth it.
Thanks for all your help.
Stu

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration