BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM Changing name direct from Miami will be better!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: ALM Changing name direct from Miami will be better!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric anthony on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got the update that they have changed to Dutch Carribean Airlines. Flight times have changed direct from Miami.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eric,

Pardon my cynicism but how does a name change make ALM better? (see title of the thread)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric anthony on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,
I am sorry for the lack of information. I lieu of the change they are claiming that this new venture will result a "new beggining". They are trying to reconsile the bad name of ALM with the new name as well as become a reliable airline. Though the proof is in the pudding, after talking with the head supervisor for quite sometime he seems very sure, that this will result positive for all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have they painted the airplanes new colors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lonnie hoover on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, new name, new paint!!! Same last class airline run by the same bunch of down and out loosers, with fresh hype. If anyone thinks this little drip and dab is going to appreciably improve ALM, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying, or how about some of the "new" Enron stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 11:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ALM the company has certainly had it's issues, but I have a great deal of respect for their flight crews. We had one flight in the days when they flew to ATL, where thunderstorms closed on us. The plane was zero-G for a while, and bucking all over the place. As rough as any conditions I'd experienced on an MD-80 series plane.

The pilot was calm and did a great job. I also had always found the flight attendants to be friendly and efficient.

It's really too bad the company as a whole was such a basket case. No amount of paint will cure that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 3:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A major part of ALM's problems were/are the labor laws and rules in the Netherlands Antilles that do not allow any management to have a lean, mean, effective workforce. No new paint will change that nor will all the good will on the part of management personnel. Or the good work of those employees who work hard. Unfortunate. Same rules et al apply to any business there but we the travelling public saw the effects most in ALM. Also why they lost so much money.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration