BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: American Eagle may be sold.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: American Eagle may be sold.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan markus on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone have any update on the proposed sale of American Eagle's carribean routes (including Bonaire)to a company in P.R. Saw something on this last month but have not seen anything recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 2:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have not heard anything about it, but what do you think it would mean for travel to Bonaire?
Daren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan markus on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 5:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Probably nothing, but one can hope that they run a daytime flight back and forth instead of the late arrival - early departure. I saw this information in the Bonaire Reporter so it may only be something they are talking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 12:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The magazine 'Aviation Week & Space Technology' had a short article recently about AA's plan to divest at least some of it's 'commuter' airlines, including some in the Caribbean, i.e., including the Bonaire route. I believe it is really a separate company that AE has contracted with to fly the routes. We shall see.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration