BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Prices...?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Prices...?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Strange (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 11:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

Flying out of Boston to Bonaire. Wondering what a decent price is. I found an AA ticket for around $750. Is that normal? Would waiting until after the holiday season better for pricing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #913) on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 7:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I see by your profile that you are from Maine. Have you considered Continental from Portland or Manchester, NH? The prices are often less than AA and the flight times are good. Parking is cheaper in Manchester than in Boston also. The price you are seeing for AA from Boston is pretty typical ... usually anywhere from 600 to 900. But then again, prices change often with the airlines!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3510) on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 11:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nathan, download www.yapta.com to watch fares fluctuate sometimes daily. Susan speaks correctly..I do that route often as do my clients and the cheapest lately was 600 and the highest 1200.

Denise and Ladonna are fellow Mainiacs and always do the AA route as I recall?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Strange (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the Help! The AA route seems better. Not looking forward to the layover in SJU (7 hours). Still trying to decide if it would be better to have more connections with less layovers, or less connections with long layovers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Fallon (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 8:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ann. :-)

"The offering of products, timeshares or services for sale is not allowed in the threads of Bonaire Talk."

I'll see you in a few days.

Justin

(Message edited by modtom on December 17, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3511) on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nathan, Old San Juan is VERY cool. Look at it this way, you get to see two islands...PM for info on cool stuff to do in OSJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Borek (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

do not know when you are going but Portland-JFK-Bonaire shows around $750 in April on Delta but requires an overnite on the return in NYC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #427) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Justin,

Please e-mail me with a price for the tickets.....

Dave Goodwin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aren't the names on plane ticket or reservations cast in stone and have to match the passport in hand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Fallon (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Text removed, Justin was told on November 15th, 2008:

"The offering of products, timeshares or services for sale is not allowed in the threads of Bonaire Talk."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. aka Agent 99(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3403) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Absolutely Tom, but I believe Justin has some kind of ticketing agency so perhaps he has a way of changing the names. The airlines won't, I know that for a fact

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #376) on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've changed names on airline tickets, with a significant fee!
Just wondering if all airlines allow this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #260) on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nathan-
I also don't know when you are going, but I am flying down (with AA) to BON from BOS in February and also had that hideous 8 hour delay, BUT I happened to go on the website and see that they had added a flight from BOS at 11:50am (as opposed to the 8:25am flight they had me on). They had already changed my flight down 3 times since I purchased it, but do they bother to change it when it is to my advantage?? Of course not. So I called them and changed to the 11:50 flight, giving me a 3.5 hour layover. No charge for the change. And you aren't going to do too much better than $750 for a ticket price. You might see $650...but you might not.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration