BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: MIA to Bon Help
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: MIA to Bon Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Saturday, November 8, 2008 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked my usual summer flight schedule from MIA to BON via CUR and noticed AA has dropped their afternoon flight. Their only flight now arrives CUR after 7PM which means DIVI is closed. Does anyone have a better idea on how we can fly without overnighting on CUR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7001) on Saturday, November 8, 2008 - 12:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carter check the Aruba flights you might be able to get in earlier and still catch Divi Divi after a flight from Aruba on DAE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #481) on Saturday, November 8, 2008 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ARe you coming from Sweden? If so, I might do KLM via Amsterdam.

Otherwise:
a) Continental via EWR (one/week)
b) Continental via IAH (one or two per week)
c) AA via SJU (three a week)
d) AA via MIA to CUR and the DAE (or the overnight)
e) Many options via AUA
f) Didn't Insel start flying via MIA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 6:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Cecil and David. I think Insel air was a great tip! I just checked with Kayak and Insel is flying from MIA directly to BON at very low prices. However, Insel Air's web site doesn't work which may or may not have significance. Does anyone have experience with InselAir. Are they trustworthy (is any airline??)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3446) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 8:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Insel's service from MIA to CUR is brand new so we are all waiting for a review once they commence. If you take AA you can connect on DAE at night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #342) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann
How consistent has the late evening DAE flight been-- or am I hoping for miracles--lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 12:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to Kayak.com, the Insel flight after making a 45min stop over in CUR continues to Bon!
Too good to be true?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #343) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 1:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carter
Thanks for your great detective work!! What time Does it land on Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked just one date, but on that day Insel leaves MIA at 3:00PM and arrives on Bonaire at 7:15PM. The one way flight cost 162$. You can all check it out on Kayak.com- I just hope it's true. Does anyone have an opinion on Insel as an Airline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3450) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, I have flown the late flight once. It was supposed to leave at 11 30 and left at 10 30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2187) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What day of the week are they flying MIA to Bonaire, and what day flying back? What date did you see that price for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked out a Sunday in July but why not go into kayak.com and check it out for your favorite date?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #344) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Bonaire Insider had an article last month, they depart Cur at 1030 am and depart Mia 3 pm, thursday, friday, sunday, and monday. Kayak.com had a price of 354$- or close, as I remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2188) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did, but I am not getting anything for Insel. I'll try more later as I look more seriously at commiting to a trip. This could work out well, if I fly into FL to visit family for a couple days on either end of a Bonaire vacation... Thanks for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #345) on Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After reading this thread this morning I went onto Kayak and found the connection, as previous mentioned it also had the continuation flight from Curacao to Bonaire--just wondering if I need to book with Divi Divi on the way home, so I can get over to Cur.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2877) on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 1:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

(Message edited by glenr on November 10, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi I May suggest contacting the new Bonaire Travel agent www.cheaptripworld.com I looked at the site and they also have 1800 number and a number for contact in europe

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration