BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Air Jamaica
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Grondin on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all you BTers.
My wife and I will be on-island 2/23 - 3/9 this year ... we are flying Air Jamaica for the first time. I am seeing a few posts that mention getting stranded in Montego Bay for a night. I'm looking for anyone to share their experiences with Air Jamaica so that I'll know what to expect. Thanks ever so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Craft on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You will most likely get to Bonaire on time and with all of your luggage. We did, two years in a row.
Leaving, well, we and our luggage never got seperated, but last year had 3 hour layover in Montego bay, but since the plane we arrived on was going to Atlanta anyway it was no problem. This year we left Bonaire about an hour late, the plane was not going to Atlanta so our connecting flight was gone, we spent the night at Sunset Beach Montego Bay, on their dime.
Check on the price upgrade to 1st class, we found it was worth it this trip.
From what I hear, still better than the others.
Jake if this in the wrong place, please move us :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You've been moved!

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clark on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are planning our first trip to Bonaire this June with some friends and have heard of some special rates Air jamaica has offered and extended into June. Does anyone have any information on special rates in middle to late June. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DennisG on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Scuba Randy! We have a good deal from Caradonna's, I'll fill you in tonight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What's the good deal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 11:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, folks! Can anyone give me the skinny on AJ departures at Newark International lately? AJ advised me today to report 2.5 hours prior to the 7:30 am departure. No more Express Check in at First Class, OK to carry on cameras but now only one carry on bag per person (40 lbs and 40" in size all around). How are the security lines moving for this flight? Long waits standing on your feet? How many different spots/times do you have to stop and to thru a procedure and "wait"? Are the flights taking off pretty much on time from Newark? (This will be a Saturday morning flight into MB and then Bonaire.)

How is the process being handled at Montego Bay? Anything special there or just the "normal" hurry up and wait to get your connecting flight? Are they re-checking the carryon's, etc. even tho one has not left the "secured" area at the airport?

Any comments and oberservations would be appreciated! We leave May 18....can't wait.

PS Where is the lounge (AJ) at MB airport? I have been advised the lounge offered to us in the past at Newark Int. has been discontinued....oh well. Thanks! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leigh Ann on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 12:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene,
$423.50 R/T from Atlanta, leaving on Mon. Jun 24, new rates just came out this afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan & Joan Zale on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 8:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew from JFK via Montego Bay on Feb 16. No problems. We were rechecked between flights but it was no big deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am not going till December 7 thru the 21st. The prices I found are still too high. I just missed the AJ special which was till Dec. 17th. I got prices of $645 on AJ and $788 for American Airlines. These prices are from Logan. I found my real good deal in July last year and I was thinking of waiting till then. The only thing I am nervous about waiting is that it is a busy travel time with Christmas and all. This is my first time going with just needing air fare... I usually get an air/hotel package So any feedback from more seasoned travelers would be welcome.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration