BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DAE 2nd bag?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: DAE 2nd bag?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Monday, October 6, 2008 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if DAE has a second checked bag fee or does it just go by weight? I have sent them an email but thought I'd check here too.

It's cheaper on the US end to check a second bag than it is to pay a fee for having a bag over 50 lb. It is 35.00 to check two 50lb bags vs. a single bag overweight charge of 65.00(up to 70lb) or 115.00(up to 100lb)

(Message edited by raxafarian on October 6, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #236) on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I guess I'll answer my own question in case anyone else needs to know.

DAE is based on total weight. You're allowed 20kg (44lb) per person. A second bag still needs to stay within the total weight limit.

That being said... my bag was 57lb and they didn't say anything about it or charge me leaving Aruba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (BonaireTalker - Post #77) on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

that being said .. it depends entirely on what is going on for that flight .. sometimes it is a go .. more often a not ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2206) on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

They charged me leaving BON to CUR last week....sent me over to the booth. The agent weighed both bags, put the overage down on a slip of paper, which I took to the kiosk and I was charged whatever their rate is. It amounted to $ 17.00 US. I had around 45 kilos of luggage plus a carry on which they did not charge me for.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration