BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Restaurant Recommendations at Newark
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Restaurant Recommendations at Newark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #465) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I thought this was addressed previously, but my keyword search did not find anything, so...

Which restaurants do BT travelers through Newark recommend for a nice, relaxing meal without leaving the secure zone during a 5+ hour layover on our way to Bonaire? Need to both eat and kill some time. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3352) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Head out of the airport, take a 10 min taxi ride to Ironbound Area and eat Portuguese or Basque cuisine. Search under Tri State Region on www.chowhound.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8052) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. Director, eat dinner before, nothing but fast food at the airport, we always stop somewhere along the way there or eat at home first, then proceed to the airport, the only thing I get at the airport is a snack or treat at one of the vendors before they close. We also don't care to drive around Newark.

Sue from NJ may know of some places as she lives close by the airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6950) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, gang! Isn't there a steak house in the airport? Is it Gallagher's Steak House? There area few restaurants once past the security areas but I don't know if they are open beyond 9:00 or 10:00 or so. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3353) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Presidents Club has a plethora of snacks, open bar, tons of space to spread out and a cheap 45.00 for those with mega layovers. The small bistros and snacks shops line the halls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom SLAPPPP Bad Dog*********** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #7978) on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 9:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See: http://www.panynj.gov/commutingtravel/airports/html/ewr_shop.html

Gallaghers is good!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #466) on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 7:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3355) on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw quite a few options near gate 131 where the BON flight flew from..Gallaghers as mentioned, Maui Taco and more..all close around 10.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration