BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Baggage fees............again.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Baggage fees............again.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 2:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Many times I have read the baggage fees for AA.
I am still confused.
International travel says no fees............
but...................
Does the international travel have to originate in the USA?
Also is Bonaire to the USA considered international travel by AA?.................it says.......customers originating travel outside the USA and traveling internationally..no fees.
Again is the USA as a destination considered international.
Thanks,
Henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2202) on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you have to go through customs, its considered international travel, even on AA to the US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jim,

Has anyone flown round trip recently Bonaire to the USA and back and were there any checked baggage fees?
Thanks,
Henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #253) on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Henk, which direction you are flying doesn't make any difference....BON-USA, USA-BON. Either way, it is international.

Is it that you don't understand the written policies, or don't believe them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy FOlds (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Continental Flight, Houston to Bonaire...paid the extra $25.00 going, but on return flight, we did not pay it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. no more, no less(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3094) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Henk, we flew AA from LAX to Bonaire and back in August and there were no baggage fees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Same as Nancy for us. We paid the $25 per second bag going to Bonaire. But on our return, noone at Flamingo International said a word regarding the fee. And btw, we didn't remind them.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 5:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all,
My English comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.
I was just curious why AA mentioned travel originating outside the USA........seems like all their outside flights would be international.
henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Irakliotis (BonaireTalker - Post #79) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Henk, your interpretation is correct and your english comprehension is just fine, interpreting the specific rule.

AA has one more rule however that waives the fee for "Customers originating travel in the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada and traveling to an international destination beyond the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 10:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Leo,
I didn't read that AA rule.........musta missed it.
Also on CO flights.......why no fees from Bonaire? yet fees to Bonaire?
By the time I get it figured out the rules will change again.
henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Irakliotis (BonaireTalker - Post #80) on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Henk, some of the fees may be assessed for overweight luggage or a second luggage. The way I read the AA rule is that if you travel from the US to Bonaire, you have one luggage, and it's conforming to the weight and size specifications set forth by AA, then you should not pay a fee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1063) on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm on Bonaire at this time. My wife and I flew here from the U.S. on Saturday. AA authorized each of us 2 checked pieces of luggage with no baggage fee. We actually brought 2 bags each. I transported a small bag with pony tank, lights and batteries as the 4th bag no fee, no problem.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration