BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Houston this weekend
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Houston this weekend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3317) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's a gamble as to what's going to happen tomorrow night in Houston but I do recommend folks consider re routing thru Newark if it's not too late to do so:

HOUSTON, Sept. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) continues to monitor Hurricane Ike as it moves toward the Texas Gulf Coast.

Weather conditions may force some delays and cancellations of flights to selected cities along the Texas coast through the weekend, including at the Houston hub at Bush Intercontinental Airport. Go to continental.com for an updated list of affected cities.

Travelers with itineraries to, from or through the Houston hub from Friday through Saturday should consider accelerating, postponing or rerouting their trip to avoid possible inconvenience caused by an interruption to flight schedules.

Travelers without confirmed reservations should not go to Bush Intercontinental Airport as the airline will not be able to accommodate standby customers.

Customers booked on flights to and from the affected region will be permitted a one-time date or time change to their itinerary without penalty for rescheduled travel. If a flight has been canceled, a refund in the original form of payment may be requested. Complete details are available at continental.com.

The fastest and most convenient way to change travel plans is via continental.com. Customers should enter their confirmation number and last name in "Manage Reservations." Customers may also call Continental Airlines reservations at 800-525-0280 or their travel agent. continental.com provides an overview of Continental operations as well as up-to-date information regarding the status of specific flights. Automated flight status information is also available at 800-784-4444.

SOURCE
Continental Airlines

Continental Airlines Corporate Communications, +1-713-324-5080, corpcomm@coair.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nell Keene (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

our flight from seattle tomorrow has just been cancelled.
can't get through to Continental
scrambling to see if we can get to Bonaire on another airline

Nell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3318) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 5:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am on the line on hold for over an hour trying to get a client a flight home. IAH will close at noon tomorrow. CO is NOT accommodating on other carriers, Neil but will refund your flight. I am hoping to re book my client on CO to Newark Sunday.

What a mess..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nell Keene (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #129) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann--

thank you so much for the information. what a mess indeed.
I have trip insurance but the others in my party did not get it.
I am just sooo disappointed if we cannot find another way there and back, and if we change flights hope Caribbean club (we were originally at Belmar but were moved due to their construction)
can also accommodate new dates

Nell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #462) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As of 7:55 PM EDT today (which is just before I am writing this), on their website, Continental's Saturday night redeye flight out of Newark shows 8 regular coach seats available for assignment and 17 premium-level coach seats available for assignment. Not 100% certain you can do this but, if you can't get through to CO on the telephone, you might try booking (or changing) online and then getting a refund on the canceled flights via Houston. While it gets you there a day later than planned, it does get you there.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration