BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Cheapest way to travel from the Netherlands to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-10-27: Cheapest way to travel from the Netherlands to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Remco Brinkhuis on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 9:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

My brother in law lives in Bonaire for almost 10 years now, and I've never had the opportunity (=money) to visit him. What is the cheapest way to travel from the Netherlands to Bonaire? I already found some tickets (KLM), but they cost me over 1000 Euro (about 900 US dollars) and that's far too expensive for me. And don't bother to fly via Brussels, Amsterdam, Miami or New York. I don't need any accomodation, because I can stay with my brother in law.

Could you help me?

Greetings, Remco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Cabus on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 3:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Remco,

try KLM online. If you pick your time right you should be able to book a ticket around 620 €.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Abigail Wilkinson on Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
We are living in Denmark and are flying KLM. Denmark Amsterdam, Bonaire. We have paid all up with airport tax etc 800 EUROs per person. We booked just 14 days ago, were lucky to get seats and our trip is from 22-31 march. Although we dont really have the money, we decided to make a once in a lifetime diving holiday.

We fly a lot as I am from Australia and I have learned from experience that tickets are very strangely priced. Seems to be you have to book a long way ahead to get a cheaper ticket or wait to the last moment. Sometimes the travel agent will say there is no seats but when I ring direct to the airline they have seats and it also works the other way around.

Hope this has been of some help and I hope you get there. You could always try, the beg, borrow or steal routine. We have taken the borrow option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Remco Brinkhuis on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 10:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your replies. I just visited the www.klm.nl site, and the cheapest flight I could find was 1600 EU (in july). I can afford 620-800 EU, but 1600 is a bit too much.

Remco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenni Hardy on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't know if it would help you to come via UK. There are usually cheap flights between Amsterdam and London/manchester/most UK cities. We booked our flights online with Opodo [www.opodo.co.uk] and got 2 return flights Manchester/Amsterdam/Bonaire departing 21 Apl and returning 5 May for £1022, including all airport taxes. Opodo don;t charge for Credit Card payments, nor for Debit Card payments, which is a great bonus. The flight prices we got are cheaper than KLM even though we are flying KLM.

Hope you get there...

Jenni

PS There are also courier services but I bet there are not many to Bonaire. But maybe you could get a courier deal to Venezuela, or Jamaica and then pay the add on fare yourself. Just an idea. Good luck!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henk Schrijver on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 4:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Remco, my expierence is that the best agents are:

Maduro Travel: http://www.maduro.nl (Paid 655 for April)
Bonaire Fun Travel.
ABC Tours.

(see http://bonaire.pagina.nl for all links.

Sometimes there are lower deals, but they are rare. See "De Reiskrant van de Telegraaf" for those specials. Don't bother to look in July.

Also check http://www.valk.nl I have never flew with them, because they fly over Brussles and the seats are even smaller then KLM. But their seat-only may be cheaper then KLM.

I thought to have a look but they don't listed the prices instead they gave a number 0344 634 635 (Tiel).

Good Luck, but it is possible to get to Bonaire for about 650 euro.

PS It is also possible to have your brother in law book the ticket in Bonaire and then mail it to you. Or if he books it via Maduro, you can get your ticket here in Den Haag or they mail it to you.

Good Luck
Henk

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration