BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ??? AA/AE Eliminating Flights ?????????
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: ??? AA/AE Eliminating Flights ?????????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chet Wood (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #818) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hope it's just due to updating schedules or something, but as of this morning I could not find any scheduled AA/AE flights from BON to SJU after November.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #132) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hard to believe that they still list flights to Bon but no returns. There are going to be a bunch of planes on Bonaire if they keep this up. LOL Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Keen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chet:
AA/AE flies into BON on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (via SJU).
AA/AE flies from BON on Wednesday, Friday & Sunday (via SJU).
These changes are effective 9/3/08.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #133) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked AA and Yapta. My two trips, January-February and March-April are listed but Yapta says they are not able to give current price...which means AA is playing games and even Yapta doesn't know what is going on. Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #134) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve: both my purchased return flights are on Wed. and are not now listed by AA/AE. Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1048) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked my April Bonaire flights. They are still listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did a "confirmation of reservation" check at AA and found that all flight times had just changed (again for the third time) and we, as of today are leaving Bon at 8:32 AM (a civilized time) both trips, but are getting into BON 9:33 March 12 and 10:14 Jan 20. (un-civilized) Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2192) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I fly AA all the time since I live in Dallas. It has been my experience that if you are not Platinum with AA, you get very little service from them if they have flight changes/cancelations. If you don't keep on top of it, especially if you book it yourself, you could get stranded with no flight.

IMHO the new three day service to BON is just plain BS on AA's part. If they are cost cutting, which I am sure they are, I wish they hadn't also decided to push the flight arrival time in BON back to a later time as well.

Lets not EVEN mention getting to BON on reward miles anymore. My next trip in September I found that AA has cut certain flights into and out of CUR as well, at least until early October. So I get to fly into CUR arrive at 7:30 pm spend the night there and take the 8:00 am Divi flight to BON.....so that works I guess. My return is just after the regatta on October 11 th, so I have been forced to fly back to CUR using, I know, I know.....DAE.....argh, and on the return leg home....bummer. Well, I'll be on island time at that point. Just as long as I make that 3 pm AA out of CUR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #237) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just hung up with American; the res agent said she didn't know why they were not showing up as flights on the web site unless they are sold out (and therefore not available), but she did confirm that the three-times-a-week schedule would continue effective September 3, 2008 and past November.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Keen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim:
You are correct about checking your reserved flight arrival & departure times frequently. My award ticket/flight arrival & departure times in January have changed 4 times.

Initially, my departure time was 5:45AM, but they added another flight & now depart at 8AM...now I'll get to sleep in a bit longer :-)

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chet Wood (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #819) on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good News!
The AA scheduling seems to be back to normal this morning. Only a couple minor time changes.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration