BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Lockers available @ Aruba Beatrix Airport?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Lockers available @ Aruba Beatrix Airport?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Parachute (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know if short-term (ie < 1 day) lockers are available @ the airport in Aruba? I may be flying into AUA from BON en route back to the States, but the flight from BON to AUA arrives early AM and the flight to the states leaves almost 7 hrs later. So even leaving myself 3 hrs to clear US customs and check in, I think I would have enough time to perhaps spend some time in Oranjestaad or elsewhere.

So I'm wondering if there are facilities available for storing my luggage while I sightsee? Or perhaps I can check them in ahead of time and then leave & come back?...

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #461) on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 1:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In several trips to and from Bonaire through Aruba, I have never seen lockers, or even a staffed place where you could leave baggage for several hours. Last trip through AUA was perhaps 3 or 4 years ago, so I don't know if something was added. That, along with the very long time between arriving and departing flights, was always an issue with going that route, but at times I had no other choice. Meant you had to sit for long periods without much to do except watch your luggage along with watching the other tourists. Not sure of how early you can check in for flights back to the States; suggest checking with your airline. We never had more than 4 hours going in that direction, and much of that was taken up by the check-in, customs and security clearing processes. Going to Bonaire was about 6 or 7 hours between flights, but you could not check in on DAE (and its predecessors) until 2 hours before that flight. Bring a good book or your computer. There are a few places in the area outside baggage claim where you can get a wireless signal; also in the gate area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6749) on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 2:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did not understand the question when I first read it. This is what we did, we took everything with us and loaded into a cab ($17) and went to Manchebo beach resort (Bucuti Beach would be another choice). There we asked the front desk to watch our luggage and we went to the bar/beach/pool for the afternoon. Make sure you bring a bathing suit and a towel. We reversed the procedure for returning. Much nicer than hanging around the airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Parachute (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil,

Did Manchebo ask you any questions, or they just assumed you were an outgoing guest, or they just didn't care? Thanks.

Also, is there a fee for the airport wifi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6752) on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think they cared, although I would slip them a tip when you leave the luggage. I don't remember about the WiFi, I think it used to be free, now there's a charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah Bennett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #146) on Friday, November 7, 2008 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I take bags with me and rent a car to spend the day around Aruba. Quite pleasant.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration